News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military Documented Group to SMERSH officer.

I would like to share with my new research of thedocumented military group to Guard Major Spica Terentij Strotonovich.

Once again I would like to ask you gentlemen to help me with translation of this research.

Rick ( koopyetz)will help me to post research and with translation.

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Ah! I hope you have his service record! I note a 1955 long service Red Star there-- I will be very interested to see what duties such an officer was performing 10 years AFTER the war! :cheers:

Record card

Order book No. 651109

1. Last name: Spitsa

2. First, middle names: Terentii Stratonovich

3. Military rank: Guard Major

4. Sex: Male

5. Year of birth: 1912

6. Place of birth: Zaporozhskaya oblast, Orehovskii raion

7. Party membership : member VKP (b) 1939

8. Education: middle

9. Nationality: Ukrainian

10. In the Red Army : since September 1939

11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied when awarded: Counterintelligence section ? SMERSH? 3rd Guard Rifle Corps

12. Current place of service and position: Counterintelligence section ?SMERSH? 5th Guard Army

13. Home address of the awardee: City of Brest , Lenina Street No. 61

14. Record of previous awards

Checked

Order ? Red Star"

Order ? Patriotic War 2nd class?

Order "Patriotic War 1st class"

Medal ?For Defense of Stalingrad"

Meal ?For Victory over Germany"

Medal ?For Capture of Koenigberg"

Medal? For Capture of Berlin?

Red Star"

1. Last, first and middle name Spitsa Terentii Stratonovich

2. Rank Guard captain

3. Position, unit NKO ? SMERSH?

Is recommended for the order ? Red Star?

4. Year of birth 1912

5. Nationality Russian

6. Party membership Member VKP (b) 1939

7. Participation in the civil war and other military actions aimed at the defense of the USSR (where and when) No participation

8. Wounds or contusions received during the Patriotic War No wounds

9. In the Red Army Since 10/9/1939

10. Drafted by what district military commissariat NKVD

11. Previous awards No previous awards

12. Permanent home address (of the prospective awardee or his/her family) City Kustanai , Kazakskoi SSR

I. Brief description of personal feat or merits

During Comrade Spitsa?s time in the Patriotic War working in the NKVD section of 50th Guard Rifle Division he faithfully made every effort to uncover anti-soviet elements , spies and saboteurs within the division.Comrade Spitsa organized counterrevolutionary work and removed portions of Red Army troops from enemy territory , and as a result during offensive battles exposed 11 spies and more than 20 German fascists.

The NKO counterrevolutionary section ?SMERSH? uncovered 3 in the 150th Guard Rifle regiment , 50th Guard Rifle Division during military operations with Comrade Spitsa?s personal participation in the work preventing desertion of the 3 mentioned cases. During period of counterattack by German forces against the 150th Guard Rifle Regiment he skillfully arranged

to block any effort that would lead to the possibility of panic.

NKO counterrevolutionary section ?SMERSH? 3rd Guard Rifle Corps

Guard Major ( signed ) Leonov

1 August 1948

AWARD CITATION

2. Rank Guard Major

3. Position, unit Counterintelligence section?SMERSH?

Is recommended for the order ? Patriotic War 1st class?

4. Year of birth 1912

5. Nationality Ukrainian

7. Participation in the civil war and other military actions aimed at the defense of the USSR (where and when) On front Patriotic War since June

9. In the Red Army Since 1939

10. Drafted by what district military commissariat NKVD USSR

11. Previous awards Order ? Red Star? , Order ? Patriotic War 2nd class

12. Permanent home address (of the prospective awardee or his/her family) City of Orehovo , Zaporozhskoi oblast, Stalina Street 22

During Guard Major Comrade Terentii Stratonovich Spitsa?s time of offensive in Eastern Prussia he worked extremely hard to remove anti-soviet elements within our troops thereby contributing to a successful breakthrough of enemy defenses.

During the offensive Comrade Spitsa?s task force ?SMERSH? has done considerable work to expose enemy agents and treacherous elements among the detainees.

As head of the section ?SMERSH? he timely and competently conveyed to operations worthwhile information which greatly facilitated the timely exposure of traitors of the homeland.

For his dedication to work on the domestic front during the war with the German agressors Comrade Spitsa deserves the state award order ? Patriotic War 1st class?.

Head of counterintelligence section ?SMERSH?

3rd Guard Rifle Corps - Guard Major

( signed ) Pazyuk

15 March 1945

AWARD CITATION

2. Rank Guard Major

3. Position, unit Counterintelligence section ?SMERSH? 3rd Guard Rifle Corps

Is recommended for the order ? Patriotic War 2nd class?

4. Year of birth 1912

5. Nationality Ukrainian

7. Participation in the civil war and other military actions aimed at the defense of the USSR (where and when) Since 22 June 1941

9. In the Red Army Since 10.9.1939

10. Drafted by what district military commissariat NKVD USSR

11. Previous awards Order ?Red Star? 10.43 Decree 10/n 3rd Guard Rifle Corps

12. Permanent home address (of the prospective awardee or his/her family) City of Orehov , Zaporozhskoi oblast ,Stalina Street No. 22

Guard Major T.S. Spitsa working in the office of the head of the counterintelligence section ?SMERSH? 3rd Guard Rifle Corps has systematically provided practical assistance to operational staff who have exposed enemy agents and other counterrevolutionary elements.

As a result of operational activities under his direct supervision has, within the last two months,

prevented anti-revolutionary acts and arrested traitors.

For actions and contributions in the performance of his duties in the defeat of the German aggressors, Comrade Spitsa is worthy of the state award order ?Patriotic War 2nd class?.

Head of Counterintelligence section

?SMERSH? 3rd Guard Rifle Corps- Guard Major ( signed ) Pazyuk

31 July 1944

Guest Rick Research

Ah. A true bastard of the highest order. He got ALL his awards for killing fellow Soviet citizens.

Think how much sooner--and with how many fewer casualties-- the war would have been won fighting the Germans instead of witch hunting "traitors" among the unenthusiastic, grumblers, soldiers unable to account for lost canteens, and the tellers of incautious jokes. "Anti-Soviet saboteurs," all of them!

His long service Red Star is a year earlier than I'd have thought from the number range. Quite a messy ARC adding his MMM and second Red Star in there without any actual space.

Did you get his service record?

"During period of counterattack by German forces against the 150th Guard Rifle Regiment he skillfully arranged

to block any effort that would lead to the possibility of panic."

you just KNOW he was one of those officers standing shooting anyone who even thought about retreating as the Germans steamrolled over these troops!