News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet & Eastern Block Quiz

Here are the answers about the 1st Class of the Order of Merit for the Country of the Federation of Russia :

1. Who has been the first recipient of the 1st Class of the Order of Merit for the Country of the Federation of Russia ?

Jacques Chirac

2. And when ?

24 September 1997.

Chirac has been awarded this order by President Yeltsin because of "his personal commitment in expanding cooperation" between Paris and Moscow. This visit of Chirac in Russia was based on the idea of developing a privileged partnership with Russia.

So, for the 1st Class, Order of Victory, you are (at the present time) the winner!!!!

But who will find for the 2nd Class ? Not easy, because nothing on the web :shame: on this subject...

A hint : the first recipient of the 2nd Class of this Order is a Soviet legend :jumping::jumping: . He wears his order on several known photos...

Who is he ? And the date ?

Ch.

• Replies 2.1k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last hint before I give the answer :

3. Who has been the first recipient of the 2nd Class of Order of Merit for the Country of the Federation of Russia?

?

4. And when ?

?

Hint : here is the man (I should say his uniform... :P ):

Who is he ?

Ch.

Here are the complete answers to my questions (where they too obscure :P ? Or just because there was no source on the web :cheeky::D ?

The 4 questions were :

1. Who has been the first recipient of the 1st Class of the Order of Merit for the Country of the Federation of Russia?

Jacques Chirac

2. And when ?

24 September 1997

3. Who has been the first recipient of the 2nd Class of this Order ?

Mikhail Kalashnikov

4. And when ?

5 November 1994.

Below is Mikhail Kalashnikov wearing the Order.

So, order of victory is the winner :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Congrats!!! Your turn now!!!

Ch.

• 4 weeks later...

Order of Victory,

Thanks for the question. :beer:

For the Hero others have already found, so nothinf to add. For the car and the date... I will try to investigate. The car looks italian to me... but maybe am I wrong...

Cheers.

Ch.

No its not French, I dont think, but it does share part of its name with a french car :unsure:

BTW the Reg is not french its Russian Moscow plates are the same as Paris 7X prefix, but other Russian Cities are letter coded like the old English system. Heres a Rostov Don Reg plate I have lying round :speechless:

Order of Victroy

This is really scary when you realize that we are looking at a car that has to be 40 (give or take) years old and still looks like next year?s model!

Having eliminated a French make, I would go Italian. I don?t remember a Ferrari quite like this and for some reason would eliminate Maserati, so that would leave among others, Lamborgini. Often Lamborghini has favored that blunted look below the hood line and vents in the hood - so, it?s worth a guess.

Lamborghini?

OK, Gagarin came in Paris on 26 September 1963. A Matra Jet car has been offered to him. This is the car... but it is French :P;) .

About the date of the photo, I have to check... Does not seem to be taken in Paris, but maybe I am wrong.

Ch.