News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Upcoming "big" Soviet auctions

With prices dropping (e.g. the labour cavelier set on collectrussia, recent auctions, etc.) I might be tempted to jump in and get that documented group incl. order of lenin that I'd still like to add to my collection... am wondering, what are the "big" upcoming Soviet auctions?

- the new york sale http://www.russian-medals.net/

- wasn't medalhouse also organizing an auction soon?

- others?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

With prices dropping (e.g. the labour cavelier set on collectrussia, recent auctions, etc.) I might be tempted to jump in and get that documented group incl. order of lenin that I'd still like to add to my collection... am wondering, what are the "big" upcoming Soviet auctions?

- the new york sale http://www.russian-medals.net/

- wasn't medalhouse also organizing an auction soon?

- others?

Thanks

MedalHouse will have auction at March 31st, 2009 in Stuttgart, Germany.

We will have very nice selection of Soviet Union. Free digital catalog is on our web site WWW.MEDALHOUSE.COM, just click upcoming auctions -> fill your information and you'll get link to donwload the catalog. (33,2 Mb...). Printed version you can order from WWW.FINNMEDALS.NET

List of results should be online few days after the auction.

Jani Tiainen

Hi Jani,

Looking forward to the auction :)

Allow me some constructive critizism of your website:

- Clicking the 'Upcoming sale' link describes the coming 2009 auction but never mentions a date? (and there is no fields to fill out to download a catalog)

- Clicking 'Catalog' gives you the opportunity to fill in fields to have a catalog mailed to you (what if you just want to download the PDF?)

- Apparently if you just click the 'Send' button without filling out the - required - fields on the catalog page you can download the PDF file anyway. A bit confusing...

/Mike

Hi Jani,

Looking forward to the auction :)

Allow me some constructive critizism of your website:

- Clicking the 'Upcoming sale' link describes the coming 2009 auction but never mentions a date? (and there is no fields to fill out to download a catalog)

- Clicking 'Catalog' gives you the opportunity to fill in fields to have a catalog mailed to you (what if you just want to download the PDF?)

- Apparently if you just click the 'Send' button without filling out the - required - fields on the catalog page you can download the PDF file anyway. A bit confusing...

/Mike

Thanks,

I'll see our webmaster... :)

I'll try to make the .pdf smaller as well. It should fit to 10Mb's.

Jani

Actually, once you have given your address and all that, you are taken to a page where you have the choice of downloading a user-friendly PDF copy of the catalogue or getting one sent in paper (after a Paypal visit).

Useful for Jani and his crew to have addresses on file so we can get helpful postal cards reminding us of upcoming auctions. A nice touch.

Yeah, but what I meant was that you get to that page after clicking 'Send' no matter if you filled out the fields or not...

And I wouldn't mind giving my address, e-mail etc. and then just have the PDF file, but the wording on the catalog page suggests that this is for the mailed catalog ("To request our printed catalog to be mailed to you ...").

Details... I know, but a tad confusing... even with the unintended work-around.

/Mike

Yeah, but what I meant was that you get to that page after clicking 'Send' no matter if you filled out the fields or not...

And I wouldn't mind giving my address, e-mail etc. and then just have the PDF file, but the wording on the catalog page suggests that this is for the mailed catalog ("To request our printed catalog to be mailed to you ...").

Details... I know, but a tad confusing... even with the unintended work-around.

/Mike

Perhaps provide Jani your www-address so he can use it as a reference?

Perhaps provide Jani your www-address so he can use it as a reference?

Um... sorry? My what...? :unsure:

Or are you actually saying that I can't point out bugs/omissions in a website in order to make it work better?

I'm sure I must have misunderstood something...? :unsure:

I think the catalog is quite interesting and would love if it reached as wide an audience as possible.

/Mike

• 2 months later...