News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bayern China bar that WAS on ebay

The picture is not so good, but I have a feeling that I don?t like that kind of bar and some its decorations.

Bernd

Are you saying you personally don't like that collection of medals, or that you suspect some "funny business" went on, to create it? :rolleyes:

---Cartoonman

Hello everyone:

Yes someone that visits this forum purchased this bar (not me).

It looks fine to me. The precidence is correct in my opinion, and all of the orders, crosses, medals, and bars look original to me.

The MVO III w/swords in gold alone is worth more I believe than was paid for the entire group!

Even if it is a "put together" bar, the parts are definately worth more than was paid.

"SPM"

Hello everyone:

Yes someone that visits this forum purchased this bar (not me).

It looks fine to me. The precidence is correct in my opinion, and all of the orders, crosses, medals, and bars look original to me.

The MVO III w/swords in gold alone is worth more I believe than was paid for the entire group!

Even if it is a "put together" bar, the parts are definately worth more than was paid.

"SPM"

It would be helpful to get a clear and sharp scann of the bar, the MVO and to know if it is gold or gilt.

What I dislike is the combination MVO3x with SA3bx.

I was going to try and buy the bar but it was gone before I got back to it. It did trace the bar to a Bayern Major. The Bayern MVO and Sax-Albert ARE confirmed as well as the China medal. I would be happy to hear from the person who bought the bar.

Guest Rick Research

"Has anyone seen or owned a parade bar that contained the mixture of full-sized and field bar ribbons, that was confirmed legit?"

Yes. Rather common with large numbers of awards on a bar since it was easier to overlap the ribbons that way. There is simply no way to exceed the armpit-to-sternum physical limitation on how long bars could be before having to use multiple rows. THAT was more uncommon.

I have ancient xeroxes from George Seymour's identified recipients collection with the first ribbon-- normally EK2 1914-- full size and the following awards in 25mm widths. That's the only way a staff type with 15 or so awards COULD get them into one row. That is also why sometimes awards were omitted-- to the teeth gnashing despair of Research Gnomes.

Guest Rick Research

This bar has come up before... someplace... sometime. I can remember Bernd explaining that a BMV3X REPLACED a BMV4XmKr when both were awarded for 1914-18, as here-- which I did not know before. :cheers:

Andreas-- have you got this medal bar now? We've got lots of information-- just haven't been posting it if the bar is "out there" still in an unknown person's hands.

This bar has come up before... someplace... sometime.

Great bar, did it come up again? It was on eBay about a year ago and it was D. Niemann who bought it back than. No idea what happened later to it. Still not in a GMIC member's collection... ?!

:catjava:

This bar has come up before... someplace... sometime. I can remember Bernd explaining that a BMV3X REPLACED a BMV4XmKr when both were awarded for 1914-18, as here-- which I did not know before. :cheers:

Andreas-- have you got this medal bar now? We've got lots of information-- just haven't been posting it if the bar is "out there" still in an unknown person's hands.

OK, ok, guilty as charged. I should have it in hands this coming week.

• 2 months later...

Good morning,

How interesting !

I was the highest bidder for this medal bar on ebay.com. I contacted the seller and offered him payment through: paypal, bank transfer, order scheck, cash delivery from a local lawyer to his door.

But he has turned down all "tracable" ways of payments and insisted on western union payment.

A strange person with propably bad intentions.

Interesting to hear that the medal bar does actually exist and finally comes into the market

regards

detlev niemann