News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I continue to disagree... the device does not match your samples. the head on the "eBay" bar is like a nub with a point, the swastika has a casting defect. The wing feathers (count 'em) do NOT match your sample.

Sorry, I will disagree with my twin here...

Observe:

A) Heads of eagle

B) Wing feathers, note subtle layering and number on the Schickle standard from RR; then abserve that there are (1) more feathers on the ebay bar & (2) the two rows of wings are filed straight across, not layered

C) Thickness and shape of swastika

D) Look at the shape of the numeral "1" and "3"

Well that's really interesting. In this new photo it does not appear to even match the other image! Note that the comparison pix I made with your first closeup has what looks like a clear defect on the swastika. This new image the defect is not there! I will say I am much happier with this spange based on this new photograph.

Guest Rick Research

The "headless" Schickle Spange is, I think simply an "artifact" (I am extending my pinkie drinking tea) of the CAMERA not catching the ROUNDED slope of the ) ribbon bar front. It's "below the horizon" rather than a straight on shots from my SCANNER, where the birds are resting on their tumtums on the glass.

There is--always and ever--NO SUBSTITUTE for in hand inspection. So all we can offer on the basis of 2-D imagery is an opinion on how THAT looks... and of course always have the right to return something once it arrives FOR in hand inspection.

From everything that I've seen-- and especially the absence of nasty little scratches around the tabs on back to indicate monkeying around-- no alarm bells are going off for me with this one.

But then I am the Cute & Fluffy GOOD Twin. :catjava: