News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

There are a number of officers with exactly this combination so the ONLY way without a signature is to see what regimental number is on his shoulder board. Even then, several officers in the same regiments together had the same combination.

There are a number of officers with exactly this combination so the ONLY way without a signature is to see what regimental number is on his shoulder board. Even then, several officers in the same regiments together had the same combination.

How many of them are in the rank of Major ?

He is wearing the Wounded Badge. So the pic must be taken after March 1918.

Edited by Ingo

Guest Rick Research

Ingo-- actually, ALL of them that I find with the 4 Saxon Orders (repeated Albert so Crown as second time) and HOH3X were Majors.

It really is going to come down to somebody recognizing his face from a regimental history and being able to see what number is on his shoulder board clearly. It looks to me like the 3rd number there is a "0," but I cannot make out the first two numbers at such small size--and guessing gets us nowhere.

Ingo-- actually, ALL of them that I find with the 4 Saxon Orders (repeated Albert so Crown as second time) and HOH3X were Majors.

Hello Rick,

how many names would it be ?

Would it be possible that you can tell these names ??

Guest Rick Research

I didn't write them down once it became apparent that there are many of them and gave up part way through. There isn't an easy way to do this-- have to go through the entire Saxon army to find them again. There were almost 200 HOH3X recipients from Saxony, have to sort out the x4 Saxon awards combinations, exclude holders of additional awards.... remove non-infantry recipients....

by writing them down one at a time. Not easy. Or quick.

We really really really REALLY need a dedicated specialized Saxon Research Gnome to do what half a dozen of us are all laboring to do for Prussians and the navy.

I'll take my second stab at this one (first one on this forum)

How about Friedrich (Fritz) Heydenreich???

1914 FAR 12, b. St.

Major 01-10-13

peace time decorations AR1

War time awards

swords to AR 1 22.12.1914

SH3 16.05.1915

VR1mSchw 03.09.1916

PHOvH3mSchw 31.10.1918

Date of rank as LT 24.08.1891- so eligible for DAK roughly 1915.

I've gone through my 1914 Saxon database, added Roth's wartime saxon awards and his PHOvH3mSchw and this is the only guy who comes up.

So, let's dissect this one and see if it fits.

Andy

I?m sorry to say but that is not an artillery-officer because of the german cuffs the man wear.

Saxon artillery wore swedish cuffs. Also the shoulderboards have white underground which is another indication for infantry.

Gru? Stefan

Thanks Stefan !

This was the reason I?ve said Heydenreich was an artillery man.

This is all what we know:

The pic was made in Chemnitz after March 1918 and it shoes an Infantry Major.