News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flammenwerfer! Flames, skulls and stuff

• 1 month later...

Stefan,

Very unusual indeed. To what factors do you attribute the fact that the buckle body is in such different condition than the roundel insignia? Would you show the reverse side?

Respectfully,

Chip

Stefan,

Very unusual indeed. To what factors do you attribute the fact that the buckle body is in such different condition than the roundel insignia? Would you show the reverse side?

Respectfully,

Chip

Chip, I had the same question, when I have seen it first time. It came with other Wehrwolf originals from an attic find in Saxony and it was never in a collection before. Got some other things from that find, too. It was already posted in other forums and all buckle experts liked it. The buckle details are fine and it was confirmed as an untouched original. The collector experts explained the condition with the different materials of buckle body / roundel and the adverse storage conditions during last 80 years.

Edited by Sergeant 08

From the same source. A collector saved it before an old lady could throw it away in trash.

All objects came from her father who was soldier in ww1 and he was member in "Der Wehrwolf - Bund deutscher Männer und Frontkrieger" later.

Edited by Sergeant 08

Stefan.

Congratulations !!

Thanks Robin!

It looks very similar to the so called "Rastatt skull officer pattern".

The only difference seems to be the field-gray cloth oval. They sewed my skull directly to the sleeve.

I think both skulls were unifom removed.

Hello Stefan.

Yours is like the Rastatt TK .................. but cut out from the oval.

A rare officer item!

Welcome to the original FW-TK club !! ;)

Question is, how you can find out the difference?

The difference between a cut out from the oval and a cut out of a skull, that was directly sewed to the sleeve in past??

Most officer photos shows directly sewed skulls on sleeves without oval. But I think those skulls had a border of field grey material, too.

Up to now I have it not in my hands for an final answer.

Edited by Sergeant 08

Hello Stefan.

Yours is like the Rastatt TK .................. but cut out from the oval.

A rare officer item!

Welcome to the original FW-TK club !! ;)

Stefan

Thank you for showing those items very interesting the badge is gorgeous.

Eric

Another interesting photo.

Left, skull on sleeve of an officer, a skull on oval, it looks like the dark grey skull pattern for enlisted men.

Right, sleeve of an NCO, looks like the embroidered officer skull without oval.

Edited by Sergeant 08