News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi, this picture from Bundesarchiv seems to show an unusual medal bar worn by him. anyone know the ribbon in the middle, and is that one large ribbon at the end or three, which all appear to be a solid colour. I three would anyone know what they are likely to be?

regards

Alex K

Guest Rick Research

The first Mystery Ribbon is the 1900-1901 China Medal-- yellow center with white edged red-white-black outer stripes.

The last three ribbons after his two Wehrmacht long services appear to be his Prussian CrownOrder 4th Class (pale blue), an extremely naughty totally non-regulation wearing of his old Prussian XXV Years Service Cross--which had been replaced by the Wehrmacht awards--and the 1897 Wilhelm I Centenary Medal (yellow).

I've never seen him with this combination before. He quite often wore "Prussian only" awards--leaving off all his many other pre-WW1 and WW1 awards. But I've never seen him done up with illegal Triple Long Services.

The first Mystery Ribbon is the 1900-1901 China Medal-- yellow center with white edged red-white-black outer stripes.

The last three ribbons after his two Wehrmacht long services appear to be his Prussian CrownOrder 4th Class (pale blue), an extremely naughty totally non-regulation wearing of his old Prussian XXV Years Service Cross--which had been replaced by the Wehrmacht awards--and the 1897 Wilhelm I Centenary Medal (yellow).

I've never seen him with this combination before. He quite often wore "Prussian only" awards--leaving off all his many other pre-WW1 and WW1 awards. But I've never seen him done up with illegal Triple Long Services.

I've never seen a photo of him wearing his full ribbon bar o medal bar...

I've never seen a photo of him wearing his full ribbon bar o medal bar...

Oh, there are a number of other pictures, though you can't really get a closeup. This one I think is on the occasion of his promotion to Generaloberst:

Oh, there are a number of other pictures, though you can't really get a closeup. This one I think is on the occasion of his promotion to Generaloberst:

That looks like a fair rack, suprised he didn't fall over with the weight!!, Interesting photo.

Alex K

I wonder if he could get all the medals on one bar1

Rundsted's ribbons on this bar:

Iron Cross (1914) with 1939 Spange

Hohenzollern House Order ? Knights Cross with swords & crown

Saxony - Albrecht Order 1st Class with Swords

China Denkmuenze ? 1902

Wehmacht Long Service ? Class I

Wehmacht Long Service ? Class III

Prussia - Crown Order ? Class IV

1 October 1938 Remembrance Medal

Prussia ? Kaiser Wilhelm Remembrance Medal - 1897

Edited by Arnim

My brother Marco made a Portrait of von Rundstedt... I don't however if he got all his ribbons right... ;):rolleyes:

I really like this portrait... especially the face and the shape of the Schirmm?tze came out very nicely...

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

My brother Marco made a Portrait of von Rundstedt... I don't however if he got all his ribbons right... ;):rolleyes:

I really like this portrait... especially the face and the shape of the Schirmm?tze came out very nicely...

Ciao,

Claudio

Claudio,

Your Brother marco has a real talent!!! :jumping: That's an awesome portrait!!! :jumping:

:beer: Doc

Rundsted's ribbons on this bar:

China Denkmuenze ? 1902

1 October 1938 Remembrance Medal

I have been talking to a German friend of mine about these two photos - they are not the same bar!

We conclude that the first photo has the following ribbons:

China Denkmuenze ? 1902

Prussia - Red Eagle Order ? Class IV

The second bar is totally different. It has: