News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My first WS EKI

Tony

Chris,

It set me back a whole 100 Euros.

Joe,

Thanks, the cross is fast becoming my favourite although I'd swap it for your one with the picture on the reverse. ;)

The case has had a few knocks that should really be expected but, the piece at the back that's used as the hinge was missing and a normal piece of black tape was in its place. At least I didn't pay the (in my opinion) over the top going rate for it.

Tony

Chris,

It set me back a whole 100 Euros.

Joe,

Thanks, the cross is fast becoming my favourite although I'd swap it for your one with the picture on the reverse. ;)

The case has had a few knocks that should really be expected but, the piece at the back that's used as the hinge was missing and a normal piece of black tape was in its place. At least I didn't pay the (in my opinion) over the top going rate for it.

Tony

Tony,

Not only is that a very nice cross, but you also paid a lot less than the going rate for it.

David

i'm afraid you'll have to settle for deal of 2005,

as we're only hours from 2006.....

the first 1914 EK 1 i bought years back was

a whopping $90, cased, and in good condition.

i've seen on some sites less quality for $350

and more. you did very well. i'd pay 100E

any day of the week.

nice addition!

joe

That is a beautiful cross you have there. I love them with that 90 year old black patina, please don't ever clean it. My first EK1 was a 1914 WS. It is well worn with the beading on the bottom arm worn smooth from rubbing a steel wound badge and the core is now a brown patina. I paid 60 dollars for it back in the early 80's (you got a better deal) and will never sell it, as it is one of my favorites.

Dan Murphy

That is a beautiful cross you have there. I love them with that 90 year old black patina, please don't ever clean it.

Dan Murphy

Dan,

I belong to the 'don't clean medals' school so no worries there.

Thanks for all your positive comments, sort of makes me more chuffed than I was before.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Nice example with great patina! Fair price too. Are you going to look for the WS variants as well?

Dan, chuffed is good. CHAFED is bad, and cream is beter than powder, unless you're changing nappies!

Regards

Mike

Hi Tony,

Nice example with great patina! Fair price too. Are you going to look for the WS variants as well?

Dan, chuffed is good. CHAFED is bad, and cream is beter than powder, unless you're changing nappies!

Regards

Mike

Hello Mike,

Variants? :unsure:

There's the letter M stamped on the underside the pin next to the hinge, anyone know what that means?

Dave has bought himself one too which has a K.

Tony