News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This bar has been out on the forum before, and now I bought it :love:

I thought I would give it a try to Id the owner of it :rolleyes:

Set my right if I´m wrong here , but my thoughts is

HOH3X - EK II - LS - Peacetime BMVK ? - Schamburg Lippe Cross for Loyal service

Ok , Schamburg Lippe Loyal Service Cross 2174 awarded to Officers hmm a lot of prospects :banger:

But HOH3X 946 Awarded , somewhat better :cheeky:

Then Ludwigsen says in " Prussian and other Imperial German award statisics" that primary candidates for the Lippe

Cross was members of the Westpfalian Jäger Btl 7 .

The hunt is on and the first suspect is : Lt Frhr Spiegel v.u.z Peckelsheim (I just love that name)

He was an Lt 1913 in Westpfalian Jäger Btl 7 and got a HOH3X 26.7.16. A EK II is quite natural but could anyone find out if he had a BMVK or BMVO ?

Now I have something to do during the looong vinter evenings in Sweden :cheers:

Christer

post-3473-032055100 1290795494_thumb.jpg

post-3473-078060500 1290795518_thumb.jpg

Edited by christerd

Well, maybe it's just me, but I don't like the construction of the bar... the ribbons looks like brand new. Could we see the back... Moreover the devices on the first ribbon looks WWII cheap construction and this bar should be like WWI or early Weimar Era, because of the lack of the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. From the front it seems like the type with removable single metal plates. I never liked them, also when originals... it's just my humble opinion... I just don't like this type of bars, stylewise speaking... ;-)

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Aha, I see that the Flash from my camera make the ribbons look much "worse" than in real life

I will scan it tomorrow so the real colours show, it looks very nice , a olive green tab backside marked DRP

and 100% not tampered with.

This bar has been up on this forum before a couple of years ago , I will see if I can find the old thread

I´ll be back :cheeky:

Edited by christerd

Hi,

About this ribbon bar, first we need to see the back. Claudio is right, there is something special about the construction.

About the HHO3X, the simple fact that there is no crown with swords is not a problem. there is a lot of example showing that, i.e this ribbon bar of Rittmeister Kurt Klötzer.

We need more photos to judge if it is good or not

Christophe

post-176-065642000 1290730236_thumb.jpg

I can not confirm an HOH3X for Lt Frhr Spiegel v.u.z Peckelsheim. Where did you get the name and date?

:blush: Ohhps I just realized that I looked at The Princely House of Hohenzollern :banger:

Well well, now I hav eto wait until someone publish a list of the Royal House Knight orders .....

hmm probably a long wait. Well I hope they will have Internet connnection in Old Folks home too :lol:

The bar feels good , smells good and of course doesn´t react on blacklight , it don´t have any of the usual bad signs of a fake bar. And since I´ve been collecting since stoneage ..... I´ve seeen quite a lot of fakes.

have a nice weekend all , and hopefully you have less snow then me :cat:

Edited by christerd

• 2 years later...
    Guest Rick Research

Christer-- somebody who was a reserve officer in ... Reserve Jäger Bn 7 srving in the "triangle" regiment with K.B. RJB 1 and RJB 9...

and everybody who knows me knows what THAT means.... :whistle::cat:

Edited by Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Working on it... working on it...

Don't turn Sméagol into Gollum!!!!

Edited by Rick Research

Christer-- somebody who was a rerve officer in ... Reserev Jäger Bn 7 srving in the "triangle" with K.B. RJB 1 and RJB 9...

and everybody who knows me knows what THAT means.... :whistle::cat:

The man is back :jumping:

Alpenkorps ? Or am I on the wrong track ...

And that pic of Smeagol sure looks a bit like my neighbor ...... ;)

Christer

Guest Rick Research

I haven't found him--whoever "he" was--actually IN Georgia yet-- may have departed or been reassigned while still in Rumania 197-ish. Gut instinct leads me to RJB 7, Oberleutnant dR type... just not WHO... yet.

Well, maybe in ANOTHER 3 years! :speechless1::whistle:

Ha I found the old thread were this was discussed 2008 ! , (House Order of Hohenzollern thread)

and one of the conclusions was that the blue ribbon was a Crown Order and not a Long Service award.

Christer

Hi Christer,

Rick has right about the LS for the blue ribbon. Indeed for the Crown Order, the ribbon is blue pale and not dark blue like here.

here is an example of the blue pale ribbon for a saxon officer ribbon bar, shown before.

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

Haven't been able to turn up my end-of-war xerox of the RJB 7 battalion history. Lost (like the Precious) in my underground lair.... but combination still seems to be that third of the combined Jäger Regiment . It might be an XXV rather than an LD2, which would mean a more senior regular who departed before Georgia. When I was doing my research back in the late 1970s, the only living connections I found were in RJB 9. Vast amounts of detail on KB RJB 1 (all dead or no way of finding in pre-internet days), but less on the "Schaumburg" connection.

I posted this way back in some Tamara thread or other. Don't feel bad if identification takes...oh, years... because I can't tell from THIS set whether the guy was RJB 7 or RJB 9-- he switched awards from ribbon bar to minis. No clue, therefore, which was "home" for him as far as precedence goes!

Edited by Rick Research