Sal Williams

GOLD!

This little late Christmas present came in the mail yesterday! With some help from Jacques as well as some very gentlemanly conduct as well! :cheers:

Well , when I asked for the sellers bank information the fellows last name turned out to be Oblau! So I asked what the relation was and Willi Oblau was his uncle. :cheers: Needless to say I am pleased and that was the icing on the cake!

Sal,

Very nice! Although I stopped actively pursuing TR stuff some time ago, and have never really been into LC items, I am a sucker for nice awards accompanied by their documents.

I find quite a lot of nice and affordable Imperial documents on German eBay and am constantly astonished at the number of people who dispose of items that really did belong to members of their families.

As in your case, it often only becomes apparent when you are able to compare the name on the documents with the seller's name. I think it is a little sad that so many people have no interest in their family's history, but I am happy to look after the items for them.

Was this the only award and document the family had or do they have other documents, photos, letters, etc.?

David

Sal,

Very nice! Although I stopped actively pursuing TR stuff some time ago, and have never really been into LC items, I am a sucker for nice awards accompanied by their documents.

I find quite a lot of nice and affordable Imperial documents on German eBay and am constantly astonished at the number of people who dispose of items that really did belong to members of their families.

As in your case, it often only becomes apparent when you are able to compare the name on the documents with the seller's name. I think it is a little sad that so many people have no interest in their family's history, but I am happy to look after the items for them.

Was this the only award and document the family had or do they have other documents, photos, letters, etc.?

David

I am working on that very thing! Yes I think he has one more spanish document and a newsclipping but not much else.

One more thing to play with on my next trip.

Don

sal-

wonderful condition on both award and doc!

and both are rare - how many SK in gold and

how many wounded germans 36-39??

very nice!

joe

Exactly what I am wondering! Gold<-->wounded. Perhaps disabled or crippled? I've never seen a GOLD to an NCO before-- Jacques? Fran?ois? Could this be

THE guy who got the one lone "Spanish" German wound badge... in silver?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I don't know much about these awards, but i have to say yours looks like a beauty... :cheers:

And with a document to boot.... :love:

Just a little thing... perhaps I am wrong, but every Spanish document I have seen shows the recipient's Spanish rank...

Don't worry SAL, the doc is OK. Several writing do exist on these very documents for wounded, with spanish rank or german rank. :D:cheers: I hope you are still chatting on MSn while I write this. :rolleyes:

Don't worry SAL, the doc is OK. Several writing do exist on these very documents for wounded, with spanish rank or german rank. :D:cheers: I hope you are still chatting on MSn while I write this. :rolleyes:

Ok, if Jacques says that there are documents with German ranks, it must be true.

I hope Jacques answered before Sal had read my post. Otherwise, I hope I did not scare you, Sal!

Best regards

Ok, if Jacques says that there are documents with German ranks, it must be true.

I hope Jacques answered before Sal had read my post. Otherwise, I hope I did not scare you, Sal!

Best regards

I did read your post first

:lol:

Then I was chatting to Jacques on MSN and he continued to scare me for fun :angry::lol: !!!

before he finally said I should send it back....and then sent me his address :lol::lol::lol:

I did read your post first

:lol:

Then I was chatting to Jacques on MSN and he continued to scare me for fun :angry::lol: !!!

before he finally said I should send it back....and then sent me his address :lol::lol::lol:

I think jacques should post up the info he has on Oblau now since he almost gave me a heart attack!

:jumping: