News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

While driving past a local antique shop on my way to lunch the other day I suddenly got the feeling I should stop in and take a look around. I have been there before and never found a thing. I went in and this was in the second case inside the front door.

I find it interesting for four reasons. First, it is always nice to find a BMVK2X on a bar locally. Second is the lack of an EK2. Third is the red backing which I have rarely found on Bavarian bars. And finally the unofficial clasp for the Kyffhauser medal which is spelled differently than in Detlevs book. A neat little bar. Too bad the moths got to it before I did.

Edited by CRBeery

There used to be one on the 9 yr LS also. I will never know which one so I massaged the ribbon and the holes are not really noticable now. I guess he wanted to save as much as he could from his pre '34 bar.

Thanks!