News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This ribbon bar just arrived from a member and Gentleman of this forum :D

This bar has really travelled around , from Germany in 1920´s to USA and then to France and now in Sweden of all places

The bars orginal owner was Major Bernhard Prince zur Lippe-Biesterfeld 1872-1934, a interesting character in Lippe History

His brother was Leopold IV Prince of Lippe and his son Prince Bernhard become married to Juliana of Netherlands.

The Grand Cross of Lippe House order X was only awarded 5 times if I read my Ludwigssen right ? and Bernhard got his in 1914.

A nice piece of history :P

Christer

Hmm, of course I already know this nice ribbon-bar.

But I won´t agree to Bernhard zur Lippe-Biesterfeld at all!

The 2nd ribbon can be all classes of the house-order with swords incl. the officer´s cross.

Where is the hint of the Prince? Are the swords made of gold?

Best regards

Roman

What are these ribbons?

Iron cross 2nd class 1914

Lippe-Detmold house-order with swords (4th class, 3rd class, officers cross, 2nd class (?) or 1st class (?) ).

Lippe-Detmold war merit cross (combatant´s ribbon)

Lippe-Detmold law-suit medal 1905

I'd also love to know what makes this Bernhard Prince zur Lippe-Biesterfeld's bar.

I would rather have guessed the combination is not unique and there were some Lippe officers who might have had exactely this combination. But I honestly don't know, and that's why I ask.

Hi,

Not so easy at all. The time I used to have this bar in my hands, I have spoken to Rick L to know if he has some target to id this bar. After working and searching through Lippe House orders rolls and Lippe-Detmold law-suit medal 1905, we find only one name.

So it is him, probably. But till we do find anyone else after reading all the 176 owner of the Lippe-Detmold law-suit medal 1905 medal, we can't be sure.

A typical Lippe officer wartime ribbon bar. No others medals from Prussia or other Country.

We need a man who have to go to Lippe Archive and read all the personnal files :whistle:

:anmatcat: :anmatcat: :anmatcat:

Christophe

• 4 months later...

Hi I've been asked to colour a black&white photo that includes Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands in his RAF officers uniform complete with a ribbon bar on the breast. Can anybody help out with an idea of what the colours may be?

Thanks,

Roger

Prince_Bernhard_1.jpg