News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I recently missed this gem of a medal bar. :banger: The pang of regret has not left me yet as it would have fitted in perfectly with my collecting focus. :(

What Imperial treasures have you missed out on recently?

Best wishes

Matt

What Imperial treasures have you missed out on recently?

That one! :P Just kidding, haven't seen it on offer... but that's an highly interresting combination. Don't forget, the "EK2w" was for stay-at-homes only in WW1...

That one! :P Just kidding, haven't seen it on offer... but that's an highly interresting combination. Don't forget, the "EK2w" was for stay-at-homes only in WW1...

Hi,

Also in 1870 though?

I am still trying to figure out the white ribbon stay at home and the black ribbon "service in the Heimat" EKs... if anyone has any new ideas??

Best

Chris

also in 1870 though?

No, of course not. That's why I stressed WW1. For 1870, you'll find them to any actual non-combattant.

I think Komtur explained it recently more detailled. But I'm not sure if it was here or somewhere else.

wow!!!! Actually, there was a diplomat's documents/medals sold a few years back (Spinks?) that showed that EK2 WB ribbon were also given to diplomats etc. abroad. This guy as I recall was stationed in Istanbul during the war as a navy liaison. Makes you wonder if this bar was his assistant's at the legation.

I wish i could find the original statutes to all that :-(

1870 (the same as for 1813):

"... Die zweite Klasse wird an einem schwarzen Bande mit weißer Einfassung, wenn das Verdienst im Kampf mit dem Feinde erworben ist, und an einem weißen Band mit schwarzer Einfassung, wenn dies nicht der Fall ist ... getragen."

The second class is to be worn on a black ribbon with white stripes, if it is earned for service in the fight with the enemy, and on a white ribbon with black stripes if this is not the case.

"... Die zweite Klasse wird an einem schwarzen Band mit weißer Einfassung im Knopfloch getragen, sofern es für Verdienste auf dem Kriegsschauplatz verliehen wird. Für daheim erworbenes Verdienst wird es am weißen Band mit schwarzer Einfassung verleihen."

The second class is to be worn on a black ribbon with white stripes, if it is awarded for service on the theater of war. For at home service it is awarded on a white ribbon with black stripes.

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

The second class is to be worn on a black ribbon with white stripes, if it is awarded for service on the theater of war. For at home service it is awarded on a white ribbon with black stripes.

Regards, Komtur.

Hi,

There is also a 14-18 Black ribbon one for "für Kriegsverdienst in der Heimat"

White ribbon seems to be exclusively for Civilians/officials/Medical in the Heimat, or the occasioanl soldier in stores, or people attached to the military.

Black ribbon "für Kriegsverdienst in der Heimat" for soldiers/officers.

But I have not found any statute for the latter.

Best

Chris