News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Drawings

Spasm

Strapper

Blimey, nice one. With you doing the barbed wire, me handing out the medals, Chris digging a WW1 trench in his garden and Mervyn writing the story we'll be made! Stand back JK Rowling, here we come

Spaz

Hi Spaz, Hee, Hee, I'd have to paint a lot of barbed wire to front a trench, May I just ask, are your medals done in pencil or paint, coz i tried one in paint today and had to award it to the bin! I couldn't get small detail of dates and stuff like you have on your medal bar. Which I must say is amazingly done, from my brief attempt, straight lines are difficult, but any tips would be welcome. I'm going to try the medal again tomorrow, if it turns out OK I'll put a pic on.

Cheers

Strapper

So...third time lucky. My grandfather's great war medal. SJT A. Strappini Royal Guernsey Light Infantry. A lewis gunner and a survivor, thank goodness. Done in paint, Reeves student water colour.

All

Some inconsiderate sod tried to kill himself driving into the BT box at the end of our road last week. So, no phone, no internet. Hopefully will be fixed this week sometime but who knows with British Telecom.

Doing this at work in the 30 seconds I have before the firewall kicks me off.

Nice painting by the way, keep up the good work, maybe we can get a gallery togther for GMIC

Japanese Chinese Incident medal on Good luck "meatball" flag background. Was really difficult getting the colour of the medal with crayons (not really that happy with this one)

This one took a lot longer than it looks. The medal has been "brooched" at some point in the past and is really beat up. I like items that have been "used" so like this medal a lot. Applied thick outlines to bring out of the plain scratchy background.

Paul

It's quite difficult to give you a time as I tend to work on things as the want takes. I can happily work all day on some things but get bored with others so it becomes a struggle to complete (I mostly bin the stuff long before they are finished if i don't like them. The japanese medal nearly went there). The Crimean medal took about 15 hours, the Anywhere Anytime racked up about 40 hours. Something like this one called "Safe" the weapon has the safety on if you look closely (assuming the quality comes out) took over 70 hours

By the way - all of my pictures have a wolf's paw print in them rather than signed. Go look.

The detail on your weapon picture is amazing - I can easily see where 70 hours went.

What I can't see is the paw print - I had it up to 400 mags. and still couldn't see it - give

us a clue ?

Chapter 3 of the novel will be out soon - don't let priorities slip....................

Mervyn

Merv

Here's a close up showing the paw print. I upload at around 120k so there wouldn't be enough detail to see on the posts, particularly on the smaller pictures. let me know if you would like a bigger size and I can send you one by e-mail

Thank you all so very much :) unfortunately I just "doodle for fun" when I have the time. Just started on a WW1 Austro Hungarian 5 medal bar group thingy. Cor, the Iron Cross took ages.

Will post the drawings as I get them done.

Strapper - where's yours? Come along........

Mervyn and Paul, I will get on to yours, honest :whistle:

Merv

Here's a close up showing the paw print. I upload at around 120k so there wouldn't be enough detail to see on the posts, particularly on the smaller pictures. let me know if you would like a bigger size and I can send you one by e-mail

Come on!

That's showing off, give us a break.

Did I say incredible somewhere before?

I'm afraid I have been off the military topic for a bit, i was trying my hand at painting some bits of dead chicken I found, interesting to do, but not to everyones taste I think...did I say taste and dead chicken in the same sentence, reminds me...I'm hungry...:-)

Cheers

Strapper

Wow! Paul R asked me if I had seen this topic and it was hard to imagine this done with a pencil and color pencils.

From the standpoint of someone who used to create print ads, billboards, TV commercials & other adverts, your talent surpasses that of many of the artists we paid a pretty penny to to draw components of our print ads. Really.