News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Drawings

Spasm

Thankyou most kindly gents, it's pretty nice when people say they like the things you do.

The Thule one above just got binned by ebay - damn. Another warning from them as well so I'd best try to stick to Allied and WW1 stuff.

Getting on with this one. Goes well with some other bits and bobs. The shovel has a 1915 stamp and a load of little drilled holes in the handle to mark off 1cm intervals from the tip. Must've been very accurate when digging holes.

M16 to commemorate Langemarck. Front has a widow's/mother's Hindenburg Honour Cross and the rear has the memorial at Langemarck cemetery.

Paul, thanks very much.

I used to do this for fun but now I sell as I've found myself on the unemployable list in these times of cutbacks. I sell everything on eBay, which is why some get removed as they will not allow SS SA or swastikas (even when they are disguised the ebay police do look).

I assume you've seen the Suid Afrika helmet (donated by Mervyn) and the WW1 German water bottle - look under the competition forum - that will be part of the prizes in the next GMIC competition.

Am now getting a few enquiries for commissions as far afield as California and New Zealand, so fingers crossed.

Edited by Spasm

WW1 Waterbottle with Austro-Hungarian Assault Battalion Badge (I think) :) Dated 1915 and something Israel.

Edited by Spasm

We will be announcing the Competition soon - Steve , did we agree that you would despatch the two prizes and I will send postage ?

I have had many problems with my computer line - however, they finally traced it to a break in the no.2 line at the back of the house.

When my emails wouldn't go through to you I was asking if you wanted the Sth. African helmet + a British and another SA one - as part

exchange for a good British helmet showing a famous scene from WW2 - I would like it on display in the shop ? Mervyn

Some 'bits and bobs' I'm just finishing off.

All done by me, even the decals are painted - the sign at the back was to see if I could do a resemblance of a worn and rusty steel plate - a rough for a sign done for a geezer in the US.

Edited by Spasm

Frank

Yes, probably right, didn't think this thread was going to be this long. Can you delete this whole thread thing then and I'll load pictures into the Image Gallery.

In the mean time until you do

Just spectacular work. You do need to create a gallery for all of your work.

The colors in the FJ Eagle just gave me an idea for framing up a Soviet Order of the Red Star that Paul got the other day....

Remember that Zuckerman I got completely wrong - all sanded off and repainted the right way round.

These helmets were used by civil defence volunteers (this one marked up as FG - fire guard) but had to be privately purchased. The original liner and shoelace (to hold the liner in) is still there, along with a chinstrap. The chinstraps were bought separately and attached by the owner. This one manufactured by the Press Steel Company, Oxford who went on to supply car bodies for the Morris, Austin, Wolseley, Hillman, Rover, M.G etc. All fantastic rust heaps in their day.

Edited by Spasm