News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Drawings

Spasm

A couple of drawings now that you've all got me hooked into this hobby

the tank isn't finished yet but I've got bored and moved onto getting some more medals drawn.

Dave - both drawings are brilliant. Had it not been from yourself, I would have doubted that the medals

could be drawn so accurately - and convincingly ?

How are you with colour on drawings of this nature ? Also, how are your Regimental figures and uniforms ?

I ask this for a reason - there is a dearth of really competent artists for this type of accurate representation.

My blog story - Mathew Tiller - Parish Constable , will require good black and white drawings of places and people.

When it gets closer to being published I will try to agree a figure with you - or, let you have a share. Meanwhile,

have a look at the blog and suggest a couple of pictures we could use now.

I do sincerely congratulate you on your talent. Mervyn

Mervyn

Thanks for that. Just moving onto a colour one now. It'll be a week or two before it's done (assuming I don't mash it up and throw it away - as I've been known to do). It's of the photo competition entry "anywhere anytime" that you may remember.

I'd like to be a "dearth" if given the choice and would be happy to do something for you. (we can do a trade). I'll go have a read and a think of what you may want.

Thanks again

Spaz (Dave - he he) ;)

Did another today - its the WW1 FRENCH INTERALLIEE OFFICIELLE MEDAL, as if ya'll didn't know. Just a really beautiful medal. (Cheap too, which is why I have 293 of them - at least her indoors has stopped complaining that I'm keeping the Third Reich supported) :P

Edited by Spasm

Thanks very much ALL. Due to Chris asking if anyone could help with his EK book, I've now got a head full (and stashes in drawers etc so she can't see) of medals to draw, so watch this space. If anyone has anything specific in mind, let me know (I'll be sketching some ideas out for Mervyn's Old Bill book over the next few evenings).

By the way, ignore the tank and WW1 medals above, I tried to sand the boards off to start again tonight but I wasn't allowed (I tend to dislike the stuff I do after a while and they were practices

anyway).

Again, thanks all and carry on the good work.

Cheers

Spaz

Edited by Spasm

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks JT, still working on it, hopefully will be there next week sometime. I can then get something done for Mervyn (I'm behind already, Chapter 2 of the Old Bill story is already published).

Am curious as to the medium (media) you are using. Would guess coloured pencil- probably Rowney. As I've been "out of the game" for some time now, there's probably more to choose from nowadays. You have a wonderful touch and a superb sense of light. Great work!

Thanks again all. Really gives a boost when you guys praise things. Ta very muchly.

Greg - yep coloured pencil on this one. Close call on the make - they're Derwent as they mix pretty well on paper. This is on board though so they are a bit more difficult.

Got delayed by a day or two doing this but am back on it again and will post as it develops. Still aware that I owe Mervyn something (sorry Merv, will get onto our Old Bill stuff) but another helmet has appeared that I have something in mind for.

Thanks All :)

Steve - there is no hurry at all. Don't stop posting these drawings - it's nice to see talent at work. I enlarged your

original Medal and tank drawings to 400 - and they were still clear and clean - the true mark of an illustrator.

I have been asked - some time ago - to do a small series of books on British Police. I have never accepted due to lack of

an artist to draw uniforms and situations - I wonder if this has now changed ? I will speak on IM in the future. Mervyn

Here's the next one. Took a bit of time as it's still getting dark pretty quickly after getting home from work (even though the clocks have gone forward).

Cheers All

Spaz

Next one. Gotta go do something else today as the weather is pretty good. Got some bikes to work on. Same place same channel next time campers.

Cheers

Spaz. :)

That WW2 ribbon needs some work now that I've looked

Edited by Spasm

Strapper

Blimey, nearly had a heart attack then :o. Try using pencils first. Move onto the colours once you've got the drawing thing licked.

If you start now you could be out buying some paints before teatime - he he.

Cheers

Spaz

Hee Hee sorry bout the joke, I'll get some paints and give it a try, it all looks like a logical process, put darkness, where it's dark and lightness where it isn't dark, and whizz bang, I'll be an artist...I'm liking the idea. I can give up my real job, live by the sea and paint. I'll get some paint on monday, then I can sell them on tuesday...and so on. I think I have a house at the coast picked out already. I know, I brought some WW1 barbed wire back from France, maybe I'll do that first. Thanks Spaz!

OK Spaz, there is a bit more to this painting lark than you make out. I got the barbed wire done, but i have a really rusty piece I'm going to try next, after supper I think. Kind Regards Strapper