News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gents, I haven't hauled this out in many years. Today seems like a good day for it.

Friedländer Pour le Mérite mit Wagner eichenlaub und adler to Ernst Freiherr von Forstner. At least, the cognoscenti assume the oaks and eagles are Wagners...

Details of the miniature. It's somewhere in Previtera's book, but I think the picture he used has the ribbon reversed; that is, the rough, "worn" side is facing out. I'm not sure, having never seen the book.

Interesting details, surprisingly and practically invisible to the naked eye. This, gents, is one way of sorting out the fakes. Recipients wore these, they are heavy... and they got banged around. "Perfect" wartime examples just don't exist.

Edited by Ralph A

Thank you gents. Truthfully, they are priced above their actual value vis–à–vis rarity (if you ignore the oaks :whistle: ). There is a certain "vanity" premium attached to them. Now for something exceptionally rare:

Baden KFMMO (? I'm from Arkansas so...that explains my poor acronyms ?)

Those are my favorite. I was luck 20 year ago to get one from Detlev along with a few other rare items that I can't afford these days.

Super item. Is that the issue case? Never seen one cased.