News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think this is a Bavarian doctor, with EK2, BMVO (probably 4X?), King Ludwig Cross, Saxon War Merit Cross, Bavarian DA, Waldeck (grade?), Austrian Red Cross Decoration and Hindenburg.

I was unable to ID him, however. Couldn't find him in the Waldeck lists. Not too many Bavarians got the Waldeck Order.

Hi, I like these also, especially the first.

Two nice hinges (hope this is the right word) on the back.

Is the width of the first ribbon bar a little bit bigger than by most ribbon bars?

Greetings Poulton.

Yes, the ribbons are of the wider type, except for the first and last one, the EK and Hindenburg. This overlapping style was more in use during and immediately after WW1, but apparently this guy liked it.

I was unable to ID him, however. Couldn't find him in the Waldeck lists. Not too many Bavarians got the Waldeck Order.

Don't think this is an old one. A bunch of this oddly mounted bars was sold some years ago, all from the same seller, and this was probably one of them.

The 2nd one is very nice, of course!

Don't think this is an old one. A bunch of this oddly mounted bars was sold some years ago, all from the same seller, and this was probably one of them.

The 2nd one is very nice, of course!

That would surprise me. The construction is unusual, but neatly done.

The top bar is an enlisted man's, an officer would have had the 1905 jubilee medal if he had the long service award. The Ludwig cross is not meant to be worn with any other bavarian war decoration, but this is a rule we've seen broken a few times. Just a couple of points i though i'd throw in.

Matthew

Edited by redeagleorder

• 2 years later...

Re: the top bar.

Sascha mentioned two years ago (see above) that this is a fake, maybe an older type of fake that came in a bunch from the same seller. I think Sascha may be right: Huesken is currently selling the bar below, which is a quite similar construction, odd combination of ribbons too:

48720.jpg

48720_1.jpg

Has anyone seen similar ones?