Not your usual 3rd class Order of Glory: issued in 1944, taken away in 1947, reissued in 2000

While repulsed enemy attack on 16/17.11.43 he personally killed two enemy soldiers in hand to hand combat.

On 25.12.43 he personally destroyed (by grenade) machine-gun nest.

For this he was awarded with 3rd class Order of Glory № 418 665

Yep.

Unfortunately the price for this unusual piece was pretty unusual too...

More than $1000 ...

Cheers,

Nick

Somewhat affordable if you've been saving up for something unusual :D:)

Thank you for sharing it with us :D

For such an unusual award, I would have been very tempted to buy this one too. This looks like the award is the original, by the patina. I bet that they found the storeroom where they found a ton of confiscated awards and found an opportunity to free up some space.

I have never seen a number stamped into an order like that. I wonder what number USED to be there before it was reissued?

I bet that they found the storeroom where they found a ton of confiscated awards and found an opportunity to free up some space.

They simply took one 3rd class from unissued stock (most likely with the number 8xx xxx).

Then the original serial number was erased and new one was punched ;)

I have never seen a number stamped into an order like that. I wonder what number USED to be there before it was reissued?

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/12346-show-your-duplicate-awards/?hl=%2Bred+%2Bbanner+%2Bstamped#entry119101 :whistle: