News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory - Present Day Market Realities

Gents,

The Battle of Berlin's 75th anniversary is but a few short months away (the battle commenced on April 16, 1945).  For the first time in English, the battle is chronicled via the combat exploits of Red Army soldiers who were awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union title for their valor in capturing the city.  Paperback and eBook versions are available:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/1710970693?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860 

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

On 11/11/2019 at 13:32, slava1stclass said:
      On 23/09/2016 at 15:51, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Currently available on the well-known auction site for a buy-it-now price of $3,500.00.  The orders booklet and OGII only first surfaced at auction in Ukraine a couple of years back.  Since then, the "OGIII" has now suddenly appeared.  While I'm confident in the OGII's and orders booklet's authenticity, I can't say the same for the OGIII based on the images below.  While the OGIII's "serial number" matches that awarded to the Full Cavalier in question, the likelihood of the original OGIII being found and then reunited with the OGII and orders booklet seems remote at best.  The seller is in Latvia and has a solid eBay reputation.

In any event, this an interesting offering as the Full Cavalier in question initially served in an airborne unit and later transitioned to duties as an aerial gunner/radio operator in an IL-2 Shturmovik ground attack aircraft.  His OGIII recommendation included credit for shooting down a German aircraft.  His IL-2 pilot would go on to earn the HSU title.

Regards,

slava1stclass

OKf.jpg

OK.jpg

OKa.jpg

OKb.jpg

OKc.jpg

OKd.jpg

OKe.jpg

On 17/01/2019 at 09:52, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

There are now clearly some ongoing shenanigans with this set.  Although ostensibly "sold" a few days ago for $788.79, it has now reappeared on the well-known auction site with a BIN price of $1,900.00 and a "Best Offer" option.  I'd steer clear of this seller.

Regards,

slava1stclass

On 28/01/2019 at 09:56, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

The BIN price dropped to $1,800.00 on January 26th.  I still advise caution.

Regards,

slava1stclass

On 18/02/2019 at 07:21, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Just relisted with the BIN price lowered to $1,700.00. 

Regards,

slava1stclass

On 21/03/2019 at 16:15, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

With no takers thus far, it was just relisted with a $200.00 price cut and a new BIN price of $1,500.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

The price was cut again - to $1,400.00 - on May 15, 2019.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

This group sold for $1,400.00 on September 8, 2019.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Hello,

It seems that Osipov's group is still available. It was offered to me about one month ago by a seller from Germany for € 1100. The OGIII now has a suspension added. Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

The catalog for the The New York Sale Auction L (50) is now online.  The auction is scheduled for January 16, 2020.  One Order of Glory First Class is included in the auction.  Its details follow:

"3106  Researched Order of Glory 1st Class.  Type 1.  Award # 3169.  23K GOLD.  Comes with copies of the full research, about 20 pages, including Award Card and all Citations.  Awarded to sergeant Pishkevich V.N., who, according to research, was bestowed it in 1969 (!), apparently in exchange for duplicate 3rd class awarding.  Most likely one of the very last awarding of this order in the USSR era.  Comes with Certificate of Authenticity from A. Filer (9.5 out of 10 condition rating).  Rare such.  Condition: Mint condition, flawless enamels, all original, including suspension and ribbon.  Silver connecting ring uncut.  $10,000"

Regards,

slava1stclass

3169 Obv.jpg

3169 Rev.jpg

Edited by slava1stclass

• 1 month later...
    On 13/12/2019 at 14:44, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

The catalog for the The New York Sale Auction L (50) is now online.  The auction is scheduled for January 16, 2020.  One Order of Glory First Class is included in the auction.  Its details follow:

"3106  Researched Order of Glory 1st Class.  Type 1.  Award # 3169.  23K GOLD.  Comes with copies of the full research, about 20 pages, including Award Card and all Citations.  Awarded to sergeant Pishkevich V.N., who, according to research, was bestowed it in 1969 (!), apparently in exchange for duplicate 3rd class awarding.  Most likely one of the very last awarding of this order in the USSR era.  Comes with Certificate of Authenticity from A. Filer (9.5 out of 10 condition rating).  Rare such.  Condition: Mint condition, flawless enamels, all original, including suspension and ribbon.  Silver connecting ring uncut.  $10,000"

Regards,

slava1stclass

3169 Obv.jpg

3169 Rev.jpg

Gents,

It sold for $8,500.00 at yesterday's auction.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 4 weeks later...

Dear slava1stclass,

there has been a long discussion going on about a group posted before with a OG1 #363. Maybe you can give conclusive answer whether the OG1 is authentic or not. Your opinion is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

C782B9DA-C88C-4A8B-B650-10C4FD90F3E4.jpeg

ADF0A9C3-D411-40B8-A9CF-1699C00E39E8.jpeg

Edited by USSR

On 25/03/2018 at 17:51, USSR said:

Another great set to Александр Семёнович Писклов :-)

IMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3129.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3134.JPG

1 hour ago, USSR said:

Dear slava1stclass,

there has been a long discussion going on about a group posted before with a OG1 #363. Maybe you can give conclusive answer whether the OG1 is authentic or not. Your opinion is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

C782B9DA-C88C-4A8B-B650-10C4FD90F3E4.jpeg

ADF0A9C3-D411-40B8-A9CF-1699C00E39E8.jpeg

Matt,

Since you sold this group (https://sovietorders.com/product/group-order-glory-1st-2nd-3rd-class/), I assume someone is now questioning its authenticity and looking to take you up on your lifetime guarantee.  

Please see attached images of an OGI that falls within seven numbers of the OGI in the set you sold.  I hope this is of some assistance to you.

Regards,

slava1stclass

370 Obv.jpg

370 Rev.jpg

Edited by slava1stclass

On 17/01/2020 at 19:34, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

It sold for $8,500.00 at yesterday's auction.

Regards,

slava1stclass

6 hours ago, USSR said:

Dear slava1stclass,

there has been a long discussion going on about a group posted before with a OG1 #363. Maybe you can give conclusive answer weather the OG1 is authentic or not. Your opinion is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Indeed. I have used many examples in the same range. It’s not me who is questioning the set. And the buyer isn’t worried either. Still, some other people expressed their concerns. So maybe you can help taking their concerns away. 

thanks

8D473E78-759B-43DC-A990-52CC3295D3B6.jpeg

Edited by USSR

10 hours ago, USSR said:

Dear slava1stclass,

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, USSR said:

Indeed. I have used many examples in the same range. It’s not me who is questioning the set. And the buyer isn’t worried either. Still, some other people expressed their concerns. So maybe you can help taking their concerns away. 

thanks

Matt,

What is the serial number of the first/top comparison image? 

Should the discussion of concerns relating to OGI 363 be taking place on another online forum, please provide the link to it.  You may PM me the link if you prefer.  Thank you.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 2 weeks later...
    On 30/10/2019 at 04:54, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Currently available on the well-known auction site for a BIN price of $8,999.00.  He was a senior sergeant serving as a mortar crew chief in a mortar company assigned to a rifle regiment when recommended for his OGI.  His regiment was subordinate to the 2nd Ukrainian Front.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Kiri.jpg

Kirib.jpg

Gents,

No takers thus far.  BIN price remains unchanged.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 2 weeks later...
    On 27/09/2018 at 19:54, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Currently available in the former Soyuz.  Asking price:  $30,500.00. 

The set includes a duplicate/replacement award booklet which the Russian Federation issued on June 2, 1994.  It's the first time I've seen such a booklet with a Full Cavalier set. 

He was a sergeant major and recon squad leader in a rifle battalion when recommended for his OGI.

Regards,

slava1stclass

PKOC Set.jpg

PKOC Set a.jpg

On 22/06/2019 at 10:49, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Still listed on the well-known auction site.  The BIN price was reduced to $39,500.00 (from $42,500.00) on June 16, 2019.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

Remains available; no takers thus far.  The BIN price is unchanged.

Regards,

slava1stclass 

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

Things have been very quiet on the sales front.  One can only wonder if the ongoing corona virus crisis and its related severe effect on the global economy may cause some to liquidate their collections to raise capital.

Regards 

slava1stclass

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

Taking advantage of today's shelter-in-place environment, I completed my third book. 

I hope this finds you and yours well as you weather the ongoing corona virus storm.  Stay safe.  

https://www.amazon.com/Tigers-Steppe-Valor-Battle-Kursk/dp/B086G27991/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1585736449&sr=1-4

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 2 weeks later...
    On 07/03/2016 at 19:12, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Currently available at auction for an opening bid of $16,695.00.  While the OGI is legitimate, the OGII and OGIII "duplicates" are not official-issue duplicates, but rather were fabricated to round out the "set."

Regards,

slava1stclass  

3631 Seta.jpg

3631 Setb.jpg

Gents,

Some four years on and this "set" is still looking for a home.  The current asking price is 15,000.00 euros or approximately $16,400.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 4 weeks later...
    On 16/10/2018 at 11:57, USSR said:

Here another full cavalier: Awarded to jr sergeant Mikhail Vladimirovich Getmansky (Михаил Владимирович Гетманский)

For street fighting in the very center of Berlin during the Battle of Berlin. 

One of the very last OG1s

https://sovietorders.com/product/order-of-glory-1st-class/

FF5190A0-B0AB-46E6-ACF1-EDB31360DEA9.jpeg

5E43C458-5E8B-4B73-9854-48FDDFF51211.jpeg

On 20/02/2019 at 10:21, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

This OGI is now listed on the well-known auction site with a BIN price of $12,500.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

This very fine OGI remains for sale via a well-known West European dealer.  Current asking price:  $11,340.00.  All told, of the 2,656 Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory, 280 were decorated with their final Order of Glory for valor in the Battle of Berlin. 

One point of clarification.  When USSR refers to it as "One of the very last OG1s," he means that its serial number approached the highest recorded OGI serial number for an issued award.  He did not mean to say it was one of the last issued in terms of calendar date.  OGIs were not strictly issued in serial-number sequence.  

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

This group sold for $9,265.00 on February 28, 2020, on a popular auction site located in the former Soyuz.  Judging from the individual images included in the listing (which were not the best), I have my suspicions regarding the originality of several elements.

Regards,

slava1stclass 

95473203.jpg

95473202.jpg

• 1 month later...

Gents,

A dealer in the former Soyuz is currently asking $19,413.00 for this Full Cavalier set. 

The recipient was a private serving as a rifleman when recommended and approved for an erroneous second award of the OGIII for action during the Berlin Strategic Offensive Operation in late April 1945.  That error would be detected and corrected in December 1951.  The erroneous second OGIII order was amended to rightfully award him the OGI. 

Regards,

slava1stclass

PKOC Set.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

This very worn OGII awarded to a Full Cavalier is available for sale in the former Soyuz.  The minimum asking price is $417.00.  The recipient was a sergeant with duties as a sniper.  He was credited with 194 confirmed kills.  He was assigned to a rifle regiment in a rifle division subordinate to 5th Guards Army.  He was also awarded the Bravery Medal during the war.

Regards,

slava1stclass

9255.jpg

9255a.jpg

3 hours ago, BalkanCollector said:

Wow, that's quite something. Could you share his name with us? I'd really want to know more about him.

BalkanCollector,

His name was:  Козлёнков, Анатолий Владимирович

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 1 month later...
    On 12/06/2019 at 11:04, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Currently available at a West European dealer.  Asking price:  $9,693.24.  The recipient was a senior sergeant serving as a gun commander in an independent anti-tank battalion assigned to a rifle division when recommended for his OGI.  He was also awarded an ORS during the war.

Regards,

slava1stclass

PKOCa.jpg

PKOCb.jpg

Gents,

This OGI has sold.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

This Full Cavalier "set" is currently available on the well-known auction site as offered by a seller in France.  I say "set" because it is not a true set. 

While OGI serial number 2144 appears legitimate/original, it is a non-issued/non-awarded specimen that found its way out of the mint with the former Soyuz' collapse.  The OGII and OGIII were added to make it a "set" and thereby secure a higher price.  

The seller's current (based on exchange rate) "Buy It Now" price for this "set" is $14, 954.38.

Regards,

slava1stclass

2144 Set.jpg

2144 Seta.jpg

Edited by slava1stclass