News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

These are the wifes Great Grandfathers goodies...

At some stage I would like to get them mounted.....

Here is the million dollar question... waht would be the best way to have them mounted... and does anyone know anyone who is good at it? (Other than the ebay faker brigade ;-))

Hi Chris,

I stumbled on this webpage in Germany which apparently they mount orders on bars:

http://www.ordensmanufaktur.de/

I never used their services, but accourding to them they already in business for 10 years. From the pictures it looks good, but not perfect.

My brother however is really good at it (almost anal); he already restaured some of my bars. I might took a while to get it done, but it will look perfect.

Send me a private PM if you are interested.

ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

This was one of his restauration's project: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/32182-medal-bar-of-the-later-generalmajor-hans-sturm/

the EK was broken and loose as well as the KVK2, the DA 25J and the Luitpold Med. Wasn't that easy as it looks, since the ribbons were very tightly sewn to the bar. It needed a lot of patience to restore it!

ciao,

Claudio