News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A fellow member said they like Imperial bars with foreign awards so I though I would post this one. The medals are:

1. Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914 combattant ribbon

2. Hindenburg Cross with Swords

3. Austria: Military Merit Cross with Military Decoration (pre-1938 mounting precendence)

4. Bulgaria: Civil Merit Order 1st Class in gold (silver gilt) with Crown

5. Greece: Phoenix Order Knight Cross, Republican Period (est 1936)

6. Yugoslavia: Order of the Yugoslavia Crown, Knight

7. Hungary: Order of Merit Cross 3rd Class

Per RR probable a 1930's diplomat. If this bar looks familiar to anyone please let me know.

This guy had definately taken a lot of business trips!

Sometimes I wish they would still do that. My bar would be infinitifly long. ;)

Instead, one gets millions of frequent flyer miles. Not as pretty as medals.

Yes, This bar is mine. It came out of the Tony Colson collection. If anyone has pictures of diplomates during the TR era I would appreciate them looking through the photos for a diplomat wearing this bar. I know it is a long shot but that is the only way I will find out who owned the bar.

• 1 year later...

I like to put this medal bar up for viweing every once in a while to see if anyone has seen a picture of anyone wearing this bar. If someone has please let me know. Thanks

Tony got this bar in 1987-9 from a German source, reputedly from someone who got it ex-Klenau. He also searched high and low for a photo of it being worn without success. Of special interest, and the reason it's reverse mounted this way, is the Bulgar Civil Merit Order Officer badge of the special 1937 emission [supposedly on the 50th anniversary of the Coburg Dynasty's rule] and the early lst Republic type Greek Phoenix. The Hungarian Merit Order badge is the knight or 5th class. Seymour & Ludvigsen tried to ID the holder without success. If the holder was a diplomat, his career must have withered based on the timing and level of his foreign awards. Other possibilities mooted then were industrial representative or newspaperman explaining multiple awards in the 1936-37 time frame. Tony had another similar bar but:

1. Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914 combattant ribbon

2. Hindenburg Cross with Swords

3. Bulgaria: Civil Merit Order knight w/o crown

4. Yugoslavia: Order of the St Sava, Knight

5. Hungary: Order of Merit Knight

6. Romania: Crown Order Officer

Edited by 922F