Jump to content
News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

    Bavarian 1.Inf.Regt. Shoulder board

    Recommended Posts


    I've just got this combat veteran shoulder board of a Hauptman. The colours of the thin blue threads (what are those called?) say to me it's Bavarian. I was wondering if it's possible to determine which regiment it is, 1.st König? 1.st Reserve? 1.st Landsturm? Thanks in advance!

    I bought it as I liked it as it was very worn, unlike most unissued boards aviable.


    Thanks for the help!



    bavarian shoulderboards of 1 infanterie regiment.3.jpg

    bavarian shoulderboards of 1 infanterie regiment.jpg

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Inf.Rgt.1 had a monogramm. So it´ll be Reserve or Landwehr. Footartillery is possible too. Bavarian units didn´t have the prussian crossed guns.

    The blue threads are called "Durchzüge" (pl.), singular "Durchzug".

    Don´t try to find the word in a dictionary, then you´ll find " draught". Durchzug in this kind is an old german word, that is not in use anymore

    Edited by The Prussian
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.