News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting photographs of decorated people

On 26/04/2022 at 12:14, Graf said:

Col Gantchev.jpg

Colonel (General-Major in 1918) Peter Ganchev.

During WW1 he is the official Bulgarian liaison officer to HM Kaiser Wilhelm II. 

Adjutant and very close aide to King Ferdinand I. During His exile, Ganchev serves as hofmarschall of the castle in Coburg, too.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

A couple of days ago, His Majesty King Simeon II presented history professor G. Fuhrmann with a commander cross of the Order of St. Alexander.

PS: The King turns 85 today!

image source: Facebook 

288456909_8287097027982579_201497366065125099_n.jpg

Edited by ilieff

Thanks for discovering & posting this interesting news item and image!   The cross center seems to have a scalloped outer ring suggesting it's a  Cejalvo product.  Is any background on Professor Fuhrmann's activity? 

With best wishes for H.M.'s birthday.

14 hours ago, 922F said:

Is any background on Professor Fuhrmann's activity? 

AFAIK, The professor has conducted invaluable historical research about the Saxe-Coburg dynasty, as well as Central European history in general. 

• 1 month later...

img (4).jpg

I "borrowed" this photo from the Soviet Union section

Browsing at the photo i discovered that the officer on the very right of the lowest raw has Fourth Class second Grade of the Bulgarian Order for Bravery

Interesting fact is he is the only one with a Bulgarian Award.

Since there is not a lot of information about the photo my wildest guess is that this Group photo is taken after they receive other Awards..and they are from different units.. or some kind of reunion

• 4 months later...

Thank you, Graf!   Your image far superior to "Lost Bulgaria's" similar posting.  Besides the uniform detail and Portuguese special class insignia, seems apparent that he wears a St. Alexander swords-on-ring badge from his Ernestine collar...   Recall this configuration in only one or two other pictures which must have taken at the same sitting.   See also--first image at https://bulgariandecorations.com/more/individuals/ferdinand_I  

Hello gentlemen,

I would like to show this photo. A german Wehrmacht officer with the rank of a Colonel in the General Staff, Heinrich Knesch, with a Order of St. Alexander, 3rd class with swords above the cross.

Cheers Uwe

00402.jpg

On 29/12/2022 at 04:04, Bretzen said:

Hello gentlemen,

I would like to show this photo. A german Wehrmacht officer with the rank of a Colonel in the General Staff, Heinrich Knesch, with a Order of St. Alexander, 3rd class with swords above the cross.

Cheers Uwe

00402.jpg

Nice photo

On 26/12/2022 at 14:49, 922F said:

Thank you, Graf!   Your image far superior to "Lost Bulgaria's" similar posting.  Besides the uniform detail and Portuguese special class insignia, seems apparent that he wears a St. Alexander swords-on-ring badge from his Ernestine collar...   Recall this configuration in only one or two other pictures which must have taken at the same sitting.   See also--first image at https://bulgariandecorations.com/more/individuals/ferdinand_I  

Thank you as well  Happy Christmas !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello gentlemen,

another photo of a German World War I veteran who received some Bulgarian awards. Unfortunately an unknown - probably Bavarian - officer.

The photo was taken around 1941 in Wehrmacht uniform.

cheers

Uwe

00404.jpg

00404-Detail.jpg

.... and two unknown Bulgarian soldiers.
    Such original photos are very difficult to find in Germany.

00173.jpg

00174.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not photographs, but several German groups that include Bulgarian awards in Ratisbon's next auction:   Sample below.  Civil Merit in 2nd image is 1937 type!!

Group 2.jpg

Group 8 (2).jpg

Group 8 (1).jpg

Edited by 922F
    spelchek

7 hours ago, Graf said:

Hi 992F , Thank you for listing them

1937 Model is rare and in a medal group even rarer

Yes...Quite an interesting group and perhaps tracable to an individual with the Civil Merit Order and first type Phoenix plus what appears to be a late addition of the Hungarian Merit Order evidenced by the bar reverse configuration all contributing to narrowing the field time wise.   Lack of Bulgarian and Hungarian WW I commemoratives might help too.

• 2 weeks later...