News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting photographs of decorated people

Hi 922F,

Yes i noticed that the Star body is like the old style Austrian Stars.

We can speculate that this could be specially commissioned Set to this person due to his rank and position in the society. The other question is is the Set 1st Class or 2nd Class with a "special' Star It is difficult to measure the cross on the photo

The order on the medal bar is more likely an Officer Class

The Knight Class of this Model is a bit slimmer ..and also  rarely awarded

Hi Dave Danner,

I tried to Google search this Person No susses

Can you list any link

Best

010.JPG

Edited by Graf

Viktor Károly István Antal Reitzner, heidelbergi
    Birth:  July 30 1844 - Bártfa
    Death:  July 3 1916 - Meran, Südtirol
    Parents:  János heidelbergi Reitzner and Károlina Gunia
    Brother:  Félix
    Partner:  Leona Mária Anna Bosnyák
    Children: 

Hilda and Viktor

That is the  information i was able to find so far

i will keep looking

Edited by Graf

The following list of his awards from the 1914 Ruhestands Schematismus (page 76).

Reitzner v. Heidelberg Viktor (g. 44 Kj. 66 p. 98) FJO-R. MVK. 8 D3. it. MLO-R. bulg. AO-R. 4. bulg. MVO R. 2. u. 4. ott. 00. 2. ott. MO. 3.

20211214_211815.jpg

Edited by Ian
    Additional Info

Thanks Dave and Ian,

That is something

I noticed in  Ian post of the list of the awards  twice abbreviations  - bulg,  and ott and ones -it

Those could be related for his foreign awards on the photo, although  not sure

Yes, thanks Dave and Ian,

Ian's cite appears to describe Reitzner's foreign awards as of 1914 being:

it. MLO. R. [Italian Maurice & Lazarus Order, knight], bulg A0-R. 4. [Bulgarian St. Alexander Order, knight 4 -- officer], bulg. MVO-R.  2. u. 4.  [Bulgarian Military Merit Order, knight 2 and 4 th --  grand officer and officer], ott. OO. 2. [Ottoman Osmanie Order 2nd class], and ott. MO. 3. [Ottoman Medjidjie Order 3rd class].   

Bulgarian Civil Merit Order abbreviation appearing in such sources is bulg. ZLO-R. and class number.  Based on image, seems to be disparity or maybe reflects transcription error.

Yes, Thanks all involved in the research.

I also agree that it could be clerical mistake

I came across (and I have few)  decorations with mistaken text by the makers Reason, in my opinion is that the text is in foreign for the makers language

One is for sure we now know that the he was awarded a Grand Officer Class (2nd Class) of the Order for Civil merit and only the Star is different from the Standard design. I came across few (and I have some) decorations with not a standard design What was the reason it is pure guess

As far as i managed to track his career he reached rank of Oberst (Colonel) and Grand officer will be more appropriate to be awarded.

001[1].JPG

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Another great image!  Thank you Graf!

According to Neubeker, Die Orden Hermann Göring,  Graf Klenau, 1981, he received from Bulgaria a Cyril & Methodius [& small collar], St. Alexander [civil Grand Cross with brilliants] St. Alexander civil collar & Grand Cross and a Military Bravery Order First Class.  N.B. No military division St. Alexander!  The book includes images including, supposedly, most of Göring's' personal decorations.

Göring's personalized honors storage cabinet [gifted to him in 1943 by Potsdam municipality] contained drawers for all awards.  The front of each drawer included a porcelain plate bearing an image of the award stored inside.  Plenty of drawers reserved for future honors bore porcelain plates with laurel leaves.  Photos of the cabinet clearly show the Bulgarian decorations' plates.

Of course, awards that Göring received from occupied/enemy countries were not included in drawers with illustrated porcelain plates.   Reportedly, such decorations were not discarded but discretely retained and held in drawers with slightly differently designed laurel leaves!    These included Order of the White Eagle, Grand Cross, Yugoslavia; Order of BESA, Grand Cross, Albania [disputed; Dr Klietmann reported that Göring received the Collar of Albania]; Order of the White Eagle, Poland; Order of the White Lion; Czechoslovakia; Order of Saint Tamara, restored in 1922 by the Georgian Parity Committee, Paris [disputed although images of him wearing it exist],  and others. 

Edited by 922F
    spelchek

Hi 922F,

Thank you for the information Very interesting, especially the fact that he got the Civil Division of the Order of St Alexander I suspect he received few luxury models decorations. he was well known of his extravaganza and love for luxury items.

I am still chasing the name of the VIP from the previous post

1900339328_T2eC16JHJGwE9n)ySdVBRJKNncCkQ60_57.JPG.31474508f033e69e25c7940abd0ce761.JPG

On this photo that I posted not long ago he is wearing the St Alexander Star. The photo was taken during a visit to Bulgaria.

• 2 months later...