News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Germany or Austria?

• 1 year later...

Persons associated with the late Prince Ernst August of Lippe's Society of the Rose, the San Luigi Orders, the Order of St. Lazarus in the U.S.A., the Royal Yugoslav Order of St. John, and comparable organizations wore similar crosses in the 1970's-80's.  I do not recall the exact format--the eagle may have had two heads then?  Do not recall the name of the troupe that used this particular cross or post-2000 images of individuals wearing it.  Photos appearing in publications issued by the above named entities and the Augustan Society  [do not have at hand now] illustrate this item and an analogous neck cross as worn at comradely events. This perhaps suggests that the insignia represents membership in a 'private' society.  Some such groups choose Insignia quite similar to state decorations...   

9 hours ago, 922F said:

Persons associated with the late Prince Ernst August of Lippe's Society of the Rose, the San Luigi Orders, the Order of St. Lazarus in the U.S.A., the Royal Yugoslav Order of St. John, and comparable organizations wore similar crosses in the 1970's-80's.  I do not recall the exact format--the eagle may have had two heads then?  Do not recall the name of the troupe that used this particular cross or post-2000 images of individuals wearing it.  Photos appearing in publications issued by the above named entities and the Augustan Society  [do not have at hand now] illustrate this item and an analogous neck cross as worn at comradely events. This perhaps suggests that the insignia represents membership in a 'private' society.  Some such groups choose Insignia quite similar to state decorations...   

A Royal Yugoslav badge eagle must double headed be

Point of my post above being that persons associated with so-called 'self-styled' awards wore the type of cross pictured in post one above.  Presumably, birds of a feather stick together.  Or, if you prefer, this item may well be ‘awarded’  by a ‘self-styled’ knightly or chivalric organization. 

Eagle iconography not linked with ‘main stream’ St. Lazarus or San Luigi or Lippe insignia either.