News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help needed - 3 place ribbon bar with uncommon combination of awards

Dear Gentlemen,

I received this little bar recently.

Ribbons 3 and 2 look to be straightforward; a Johanniter order at 3rd place and what looks to be a Prussian general honor decoration with crown... But what's that on the 1st position?

Best regards. Peter

89A.jpg

89B.jpg

Edited by drspeck

17 hours ago, laurentius said:

Dear Peter,

in the first place should be either a Red Eagle Order or a Crownorder on white-black ribbon with swords.

Kind regards, Laurentius

I didn't know that, thanks for the info :cheers:

There a LOT of different versions of the red eagle order and crown order (fantastic for every collector). I know many illustrations, but are there any with ALL versions on it?

Edited by Utgardloki

• 4 weeks later...

The bar makes no sense at all.

I would consider it as ... phantasy piece.

A General Honor decoration with crown does not go along with a Johanniter. General Honor dec - NCO-type, Johanniter - at least Captain. nonono...

So it must be a Red Eagle Grand Cross.

But there was no holder of a Red Eagle GK with crown who had previously another Prussian Order with swords on white ribbon, and a Johanniter.

My 2 cent, I would advice any collector of medal bars, mini chains and ribbon bars to invest some money in sources like ranklists and court and state handbooks. That plain necessary to learn what combos are likely, possible, common, or - like this - fraud.

Greetings

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...
    On 27/06/2019 at 09:44, Daniel Krause said:

The bar makes no sense at all.

I would consider it as ... phantasy piece.

A General Honor decoration with crown does not go along with a Johanniter. General Honor dec - NCO-type, Johanniter - at least Captain. nonono...

So it must be a Red Eagle Grand Cross.

But there was no holder of a Red Eagle GK with crown who had previously another Prussian Order with swords on white ribbon, and a Johanniter.

My 2 cent, I would advice any collector of medal bars, mini chains and ribbon bars to invest some money in sources like ranklists and court and state handbooks. That plain necessary to learn what combos are likely, possible, common, or - like this - fraud.

Greetings

Daniel

Hi Daniel. Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. I will label this item as a reproduction. Thanks. Peter

• 3 weeks later...