News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi to all !

Here some of my new ones.

I would have some questions about the pics:

-  The shown Lt. has the number 15 on his shoulderboard - does it mean, he served in the 15 IR?

He wears a Pickelhaube - not a M 16 or later steel helmet. When i look at the MVO 4th class with X

i think (because of the swords) it is a piece of 1916 or later - the combination with Lippe is uncommon - sothe earliest date

for this pic would be that time.

The pic was made by Atelier Kegel (i found a Kegel Hoffotograph with shop in Wuppertal (prussia) and Kassel (hessia)).

Can anybody confirm, that the shown uniform is bavarian?

#2 :

Seems like a military official in a staff officier´s rank. (because of his shoulderboards?????)

Unfortunately no name and no date as on pic #1.

Can anybody confirm, that this guy has an official`s rank - if yes, that combination -for me - is interesting (with twm & IC 1st class)

Thanks again!

zähringer 45.tif zähringer 48.tif

Number 1 could be August Scheel, but I can't say for certain as my Lippe list is incomplete.

Scheel, August Wilhelm Heinrich, *5.1.1885 in Elberfeld, gef. 13.2.1916 b. Neuve Chapelle; Königlicher Bahnhofsvorsteher in Elberfeld, Leutnant der Reserve, 8./IR 15. EK1, BMV4X (6.12.14), LK (7.6.15).

• 3 months later...

Hi again and a happy New Year to all.

Here i have another pic (i got it from Chris). 

I think, the shown staff officer could be the later Gen Lt. Otto Haas - he´s wearing both IC & wuerttemberg MMO.  I think the pic was taken latest in 1916 - because he`s wearing a Pickelhaube.

Any thoughts ?

zähringer 59.jpg

Edited by ixhs

Hello, The pickelhaube in all his variants ,the lancer cap and the hussar busby as well as the tschako remained in service until the end of the war .not in first line of the western front but behind the lines . the same is valid for the tunics . M 1907 / 10 tunics were used along with the Feldbluse and all the intermediate models. the man on the pic wears what appears to be Staff officer shoulder boards ,cavalry helmet and artillery sword plus litzen on collar and cuffs .