News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian Victory Medals

Guest Darrell

I don't have many vic medals but this one I really like.

Hello Mel,

A nice example. The greased wrapper paper appears to be in good condition as well. A good find.

Be careful, as vics can become terribly addictive!

Regards,

Rob

Edited by RobW

While we are on the subject of Belgian vics here are some pics of an unofficial type 2, by Riemer.

The 'R' makers mark is clearly identifiable on the reverse, just below the central wreath.

Regards,

Rob

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Gents - my latest acquisition - the Belgian Unofficial Type 2:

belgczechR01-crop.jpg

Obverse

belgczechR02-crop.jpg

Reverse

belgczechR04-crop.jpg

The all-important R on the reverse.

The planchet diameter is 37.2mm and thickness 2mm. The colour is bright brassy, and the strike is very shallow, with some of the lettering on the reverse almost vanished:

belgczechR02small-crop.jpg

The planchet is slightly 'squeezed' at around the 3 and 9 o'clock, and there are small triangular marks in these positions - the teeth of a gripper of some kind?

The ribbon looks like a Czech make, and there is a hole on the obverse side with a faint mark around it that looks like there has been a linden leaf there at some time.

Any comments welcome.

Bill

Edited by Bilco

Hi all!

My Type 2. Unofficial higher quality.

Received two awards Belgian. from the Czech Republic.

Type 1a. Unofficial stamp on the reverse Alexander liseka. Narrow sphere.

Type 4. Informal. Ear narrow.

see here http://sammler.ru/index.php?showtopic=115165&st=0&#entry1388950

Oliver

Oliver

Hi Gents - my latest acquisition - the Belgian Unofficial Type 2:

The planchet diameter is 37.2mm and thickness 2mm. The colour is bright brassy, and the strike is very shallow, with some of the lettering on the reverse almost vanished:

Hello Bill,

It is not unusual to see such shallow strikes where the detail is very low almost flat.

The ribbon looks like a Czech make, and there is a hole on the obverse side with a faint mark around it that looks like there has been a linden leaf there at some time.

While the Linden leaf attachments are generally seen on the War Cross they do appear on the Czechoslovak-Belgian vics as well. There was another example posted on the Czechoslovakia vic sub-thread.

Any comments welcome.

A nice unofficial type 2 (Riemer) example you have there Bill. They are becoming harder to obtain in good condition. This specimen certainly complements the other unofficial type 1 (Leisek) that you have.

Regards,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    Hi,
    Here are two different medals on several points.
    The model on the left has the particularity of having suspensoin in copper, it is difficult to see on the photo because of the flash.
    The model right suspension offbeat . There 's no trace of welding. Similarly, the model is slightly domed.
    The model on the left is flat.
    I identified many different model
    Regards
    jean-michel

Hi Peron

Very good!!!! It seems to me a Belgian medal produced in France, have any mark on the edge?

Lambert

Hi Lambert

At plain eye and without a magnifying glass it seems to be a triangle and the word BRON(?)E...

Best regards

Peron

Hi Lambert

At plain eye and without a magnifying glass it seems to be a triangle and the word BRON(?)E...

Best regards

Peron

Hello PERON,

The word "BRONZE" is written in large or small writing?
    The medal is a "Janvier-Berchot"
    Regards
    Jean-Michel

5#

DSCF7835.jpg

Hi Peron

This is the mark of my specimen. is exactly like the triangle ( "Janvier-Berchot" )and the word BRONZE.

lambert

Correct...

I really need to buy a good digital camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!to do these kind of close ups!!!

• 3 weeks later...