News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Collecting Reference Books

This book did a lot towards pushing me into collecting stuff from the 3rd Reich period, it is getting a bit old and

tattered now, with several loose pages, have had it for quite a while, and is probably one of the very first books

I put on the shelf that deals with TR militaria...

Thanks for posting the books and lets keep them coming. What are the thoughts of "Goering's Grenadiers", by Munoz?

Bob,

Is there any information in Angolia's early book that is not present in his later books on the LW and Heer?

Paul

• 3 months later...

I hope a question is apropriate in this section, in case not pls delete my post!

What does the Angolia books Uniforms & Traditions of the LW vol I respective vol 2 cover? Also, what is expensive?

Thank you

Peter

Edited by PeterL

I hope a question is apropriate in this section, in case not pls delete my post!

What does the Angolia books Uniforms & Traditions of the LW vol I respective vol 2 cover? Also, what is expensive?

Thank you

Peter

Volume 1 covers mainly the evolution of the Luftwaffe through it's uniforms and insignia. Very detailed on the actual uniform components, basics on waffenfarbe, and basic insignia. I think that Volume 1 can still be had for under two dollars if you really look.

Volume two focuses on the various Officials and Admin organizations and insignia. Also, Hermann Goring Division and Fallshirmjager Corps is covered in the same regard. Volume 2 is very spendy. I felt that I did well finding mine for 300 dollars on Ebay. I have seen private book companies offer it for over 700 dollars. :banger:

Volume 3 covers the LW Field Divisions, Female Auxilaries, Band and Drum Corps, and others. This one can typically be found for well under 200 dollars as well.

In my experience, Ebay is the best place to get these.

Paul

• 6 months later...

Another great new reference. It covers not only the Luftschutz organizations, but has heavy of the Luftwaffe as well. There are chapters devoted to fighter aces, Flak service, and many others. I feel that this book is a must have for any library. This is David Littlejohn's final book.

• 11 months later...
    • 5 years later...

This one has a few holes, but is by far the most comprehensively illustrated and concise publication out there.  That being said, again, there are some missing things.  

It is a definite "must have".

• Nick unpinned this topic