News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear fellow collectors,

In the pinned House Order of Hohenzollern thread @Mattyboy was able to give another name to add to the list, being Lt Karl Plauth. Wikipedia credits him with 17 confirmed aerial victories. It also says he preferred his opponents to get out alive. I was wondering what his awards were, apart from the HoHx and the EK? Here is the link to the discussion in question:

Kind regards and thanks in advance, Laurentius

Hi

In  the Franck's above the line book, there is nothing else. He was killed in November 1917. He probably received the Bavarian Military Merit Order 4th class with X like he was born in Munich (Bavaria). It is a assumption. He received the Pilot badge and Ehrenbecher. That's all we have for the moment

Christophe

On 23/02/2021 at 01:57, Deruelle said:

Hi

In  the Franck's above the line book, there is nothing else. He was killed in November 1917. He probably received the Bavarian Military Merit Order 4th class with X like he was born in Munich (Bavaria). It is a assumption. He received the Pilot badge and Ehrenbecher. That's all we have for the moment

Christophe

On 23/02/2021 at 01:57, Deruelle said:
    1 hour ago, Deutschritter said:

He was wounded in Verdun (1914/15) and again on 13 July 1918, so maybe Verwundetenabzeichen (Schwarz)? I think he belonged to the Prussian Army, not Bavarian Army.

Hm killed in 1917 and again wounded in July 1918, are you sure that you talk about the same person?

30 minutes ago, Deutschritter said:

Leutnant der Reserve Karl Plauth (1896--1927), 1920 Oberleutnant der Reserve ...?!

As said Deruelle said that he was killed in 1917, so it could be a typo and he died in 1927, then it would make sence. That's why I am asking.