News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Infantry Assault framed set

Hi all,

I got these from Jack Angolia many many moons ago. One of my most cherished possessions. Just wish I could get a better set of pics but hard with the reflection on the glass.

He had tons of things mounted this way and I fell in love with this type of display. But I'm sad to say that I have no idea what makers marks these might have as unless I remove the backing paper I can't access them. :(

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

It's a beautiful set... I only wish I new the manufacturers, etc. as well as some history on the recipient named on the document.

Thanks for looking, :cheers:

Dan

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan, it is safe to say that the most likely maker of the bronze IAB is JFS, if not RSS but certainly one of the two. The silver is tougher to make out........if I had to guess I would say maybe SHuCo but definitely need a sharper pic to be certainon the silver. Bronze 99% sure its JFS.

Hi Dan, it is safe to say that the most likely maker of the bronze IAB is JFS, if not RSS but certainly one of the two. The silver is tougher to make out........if I had to guess I would say maybe SHuCo but definitely need a sharper pic to be certainon the silver. Bronze 99% sure its JFS.

Hi Greg,

No plan to let these go right now but just out of curiosity, of course depending on the maker, what these would be worth, especially as a set as I'd never want to split them up.

I am sadly contemplating letting a few more of my TR pieces go. Am very torn, especially as the major one would be my GPB from Jack. Basically I have that, the set of IAB's and my navy dagger that were all from him. I definitely don't want to let loose any of them but from what I understand the GPB would give me a big boost in what I'm trying to buy.

Am also considering my Aux Cruiser and cased Blockade Runner set. Very hard thing to do. I quite understand how Grant felt re: his 57's collection. Not easy to let the little ones leave the nest, especially after so long. :(

Thanks,

Dan

Also, I will try to get better scans of it all once I "finally" manage to get my Epson scanner.

Dan :cheers:

Well Dan, not sure what they would be worth as a set. They are definitely two different makers and the doc doesn't specify which grade is awarded. I am an IAB collecter almost exclusively so my answer would tend to ramble on and on as alot of fellow members know........ :unsure:

Anyway the SHuCo is a common maker in general but there are variants that are more rare or desirable.....steel examples, semihollow zincers, hollow marked and unmarked zincers.....so one of those would command more. The bronze JFS is also common but they usually keep their finish very nicely making them desirable. Then there is the question of the history behind this framed group????? So it really is hard to say.....as a collection of its parts then anywhere from 120-200 for the JFS and 90-150 for the SHuCo and the doc I'm kind of ignorant on but I havenever paid more then 30 for a doc. These are just ranges I have seen or paid myself.

Well Dan, not sure what they would be worth as a set. They are definitely two different makers and the doc doesn't specify which grade is awarded. I am an IAB collecter almost exclusively so my answer would tend to ramble on and on as alot of fellow members know........ :unsure:

Anyway the SHuCo is a common maker in general but there are variants that are more rare or desirable.....steel examples, semihollow zincers, hollow marked and unmarked zincers.....so one of those would command more. The bronze JFS is also common but they usually keep their finish very nicely making them desirable. Then there is the question of the history behind this framed group????? So it really is hard to say.....as a collection of its parts then anywhere from 120-200 for the JFS and 90-150 for the SHuCo and the doc I'm kind of ignorant on but I havenever paid more then 30 for a doc. These are just ranges I have seen or paid myself.

Hi Greg,

Never fear rambling on with me... I tend to be a bit of a rambler as many can attest. :P:lol:

I really wish there was a way to check it out without messing up the framed display. What I may do is check with a frame shop the next time I've over near one and see what they'd recommend. If it's not much for them to pop new paper over the old, and if they can reglue the original frame companies label on the new paper then I wouldn't mind opening it up as I'm fairly sure seeing the backs would not be difficult at that point.

It's been soooooo long since I got this set but I'm sure I have less in the entire thing than what you quote for low end on either of the badges. I don't know why I didn't think to ask Jack about makers at the time and there's no guarantee he'd have remembered... although he might have had it noted down somewhere.

But this definitely gives me an idea and that's basically all I needed for those. Hopefully if I can manage to get good scans, or if I get it opened can take some better pics of them then perhaps we can nail it down a bit more.

I really appreciate your help on this. And again, please feel free to ramble on with me anytime... even if you need to PM to do it. :D Always up for a good long chat.

Many thanks! :cheers:

Dan

• 5 years later...

I hadn't realized that I never got around to scanning and posting better pics of this set. Did some up this evening so hoping with these to learn a bit more about it and the value of the set.

First the full document:

The signature area of the document:

Also I'm lousy with these signatures... no idea who this is or if there's any history on him. Also no idea if there's any good history on the 220 Infantry Regiment. Any info much appreciated. :cheers:

Edited by Hauptmann

The IAB in Bronze:

I pray these are good enough to be able to nail down the maker as I'd truly hate to have to open the back of the frame.

I also hope it's possible for a valuation of the individual pieces (document, IAB Silver, IAB Bronze) but also as a set. Again this was from Lt. Col. John Angolia's collection. I obtained it from him back in the 80's.

Any and all info DEEPLY appreciated. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Hello Dan

The two IAB's are a silver grade BSW, without seeing the reverse it is impossible to say which style / hardware set up it has.

The other is a bronze grade JFS.

The Doc looks to be the larger sized A4 example without the grade of IAB listed. More rare than the smaller A5 with the same font style and the grade listed below (silver or bronze) the words Infanterie-Strümabzeichen.

A nice set!

Best Regards, fischer

Unusual in that the doc does not state "Bronze" or "silver"... usually they do.

Not really...of the 17 IAB docs in my collection, 10 do not indicate if it is a silver or bronze and 2 others have the word "silber" typed in.

In regards to the word "grade", it does not necessary have to be a stage or degree in a process.

It also can be used for persons or things all falling in the same specified limits or class.

The IAB's shown here are both zinc solid variants and what I consider later war variants. The issue date on the Doc is 1941, early on in the war.

Because of this and the fact there is a bronze and a silver IAB, my opinion would be this is a married set.

Best Regards, fischer