News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A nice and authentic bar, and not too common with the Alsen cross - or at least, its ribbon. I guess these crosses do still, as singles, sell below EUR 100 here in Germany. You're both lucky you have medal bars, which means you can buy crosses without ribbon. That really does make a difference...

Here's one that sold just a few days ago on German ebay, but I have a really, really bad feeling about it. Even these crosses are being faked in big numbers now... and the market is filling up with that crap.

:unsure:

Hm, what is overprized? If I would be looking for one and I need to complete a bar, I would be willing to pay more than the average nimmergut price tag. And don't forget prices are on the run. A price to high been paid hurts once, a bar never completed hurts longer! IMHO 

If you're seeing pieces that are available, but you're not sure if they are authentic, VtwinVince and scottplen, why not post links and/or pictures here? I'm very sure we could sort them out!

;)

21 minutes ago, BlackcowboyBS said:

A price to high been paid hurts once (...)

But on the other hand, these crosses are not really rare, especially if you're looking for one without(!) ribbon. If there's no need for a rush, then there's no need to pay extreme prices. Just my two pennies worth.

I missed a bar on US eBay a few weeks ago and I bet one of you snagged it! It needed a couple medals. It’s always nice to keep a few spares to fix them up. I tend to buy the older medals when I get them cheap and just add them to my case.

6779CC89-2CA1-46C9-BB9E-F09FDDA15164.jpeg

• 2 months later...
    On 26/02/2022 at 09:35, saschaw said:

If you're seeing pieces that are available, but you're not sure if they are authentic, VtwinVince and scottplen, why not post links and/or pictures here? I'm very sure we could sort them out!

;)

But on the other hand, these crosses are not really rare, especially if you're looking for one without(!) ribbon. If there's no need for a rush, then there's no need to pay extreme prices. Just my two pennies worth.

Here one what do you think real ?

485C999A-AA31-4599-95B1-B9E2BCD8D612.jpeg

6C69E370-FC8B-41C6-949F-DB1600855AD5.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
    On 06/03/2022 at 03:05, CRBeery said:

(...) and just add them to my case.

I guess you do know how rare some of these are? For example, your Württemberg medal is the 1848 type! In fact, I have never seen one medal bar that includes this issue, which is odd, given there were more than 2,200 awarded for the „Feldzug in Schleswig-Holstein, denjenigen gegen die badischen Insurgenten, sowie das Gefecht bei Dossenbach“.

See Klein, Ulrich and Raff, Albert: Die Württembergischen Medaillen von 1797–1864 (einschließlich der Orden und Ehrenzeichen). Stuttgart 2003. p. 234–236.

On 15/06/2022 at 16:55, saschaw said:

I guess you do know how rare some of these are? For example, your Württemberg medal is the 1848 type! In fact, I have never seen one medal bar that includes this issue, which is odd, given there were more than 2,200 awarded for the „Feldzug in Schleswig-Holstein, denjenigen gegen die badischen Insurgenten, sowie das Gefecht bei Dossenbach“.

See Klein, Ulrich and Raff, Albert: Die Württembergischen Medaillen von 1797–1864 (einschließlich der Orden und Ehrenzeichen). Stuttgart 2003. p. 234–236.

I do know that is a rare one. Bought it for no money as most collectors don’t pay attention to minute details. It is for one battle and I think I got for under $100. I’m pretty sure I posted it here for discussion.