News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Well, too funny! Bogus engraving, bad beading, wrong pin, bad core, etc., etc., etc! The only thing worse is this fabulous, fake Grand Cross that could be yours for a mere $3750!! 😂 

IMG_2094.png

IMG_2095.png

Posted (edited)

For one thing, "VON UNRUHE"??? LOL... Whoever engraved this is having a joke. Unruhe means restlessness or agitation. There's no place in Germany called "Unruhe". Also, the "J" should be an "I" and isn't the "8" in 1870 called an "over under" and a clear indicator of a fake? I think the hinge block is wrong and too high off the back. Genuine barrel hinges are soldered flat to the back. The beading is wrong. The frame is likely from a reworked 1914. Anything else?

Edited by bolewts58

Good eyes people. Bernd, there is an old Prussian family by that name, sometimes spelled differently. In fact I think there was a high ranking Polish officer from the same family in the interwar period. But you're right, the engraving is so spurious on this thing as to be laughable.

13 minutes ago, Stogieman said:

Another fake “Godet” PLM, this one brought $786

IMG_2103.png

IMG_2104.png

I feel sorry for those buyers Many will keep those items believing that they are Original till the day they try to sell them

I couldn’t make my mind up on this one so I’m placing it in this thread. I welcome discussion and your thoughts. Precedence is clearly wrong but the individual pieces look ok in my eyes. Mounting looks okay too. I just don’t know. Thoughts? The lack of a long service award gives me pause.

IMG_2129.png

IMG_2130.png

12 minutes ago, Stogieman said:

I couldn’t make my mind up on this one so I’m placing it in this thread. I welcome discussion and your thoughts. Precedence is clearly wrong but the individual pieces look ok in my eyes. Mounting looks okay too. I just don’t know. Thoughts? The lack of a long service award gives me pause.

IMG_2129.png

IMG_2130.png

There is no service award on it. In fourth position is a Prussian Red Eagle Order. The bronze medal is Bavarian, Medal of the Order of St. Michael. The gold MVK should not have been worn if the next higher level, in this case the MVO, was awarded. The gold MVK is also not an awarded item.The MVK is on the war ribbon. However, with 7 exceptions, this class was awarded on the ribbon for war service. The Michael would also fit a military officer, but on the one hand a service award is missing, on the other hand a jubilee medal, because we are here in a high NCO rank, which then rose to officer.

Edited by spolei

1 hour ago, Giannis S. said:

at least he states that they are collectors / museum copies.

Yes, very small in his conditions, not in the description. The bla bla in the conditions its just a juridical trick.