News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have a couple of these for decoration. my first one to a machine gunner who seems to have been a pretty good shot...and this one to a guy whose name I cannot read :blush:

I like it because it is so beaten and battered that I think the vet must have liked it so much he slept with it, bathed with it, worked with it, and came almost close to being buried with it.

I dont want to go the whole route of winding my way down the maze of Russian research, but was wondering....

There must be a few of us here who have one or two Russian pieces where we would be happy to have the reasearch, but have just not around to it in the 15 years that the medal has been laying in a drawer....

What say we form a pool of guys, maybe 5-6 who have a medal or two, find out who will do the research for us, and send all the details to the guy. Done that way it may be easier than all of us amatures wondering till kingdom come if we will ever get around to it.

From what I can see, the Russian researchers must be driving Rolls Royce silver shadows and spooning caviar... their fees seem to be even more than brit researchers... who are expensive fellows indeed!

What say we form a pool of guys, maybe 5-6 who have a medal or two, find out who will do the research for us, and send all the details to the guy. Done that way it may be easier than all of us amatures wondering till kingdom come if we will ever get around to it.

Just form the pool and drop me a PM. I'll hook you up with the researcher (there's only one) and it will be done! :jumping:

Dave

• 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...