News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 81
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the event of Supreme Soviet seal on 1945-47 orderbook was wery unusual. Only some HSU and high-ranking generals got their orderbooks in Kremlin. 99% of other officers received permanent orderbooks in exchange for their temporary certificates in their units. And most of them didn't have any pictures at all (only a stamp "valid without a picture"). For those who did have a picture, it was normally covered with a seal of the unit (Army, Military District, etc). But NOT a Supreme Soviet seal.

Here are some examples of real seals on 1945-47 orderbooks.

MONDVOR,

Thank you. It appears they used original archive photos in concocting these. The one of Full Cavalier Chertkov is a particularly nice example.

As I've mentioned in another thread, these archival photos of Full Cavaliers were to be had in pretty big numbers (from select dealers) in the mid to late 90s. While most of these Full Cavalier archival photos were taken in the mid-70s (when the Full Cavalier booklets were first issued) some were war or immediate post-war period shots - especially for those Full Cavaliers who were deceased by then.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

MONDVOR,

Thank you. It appears they used original archive photos in concocting these. The one of Full Cavalier Chertov is a particularly nice example.

As I've mentioned in another thread, these archival photos of Full Cavaliers were to be had in pretty big numbers (from select dealers) in the mid to late 90s. While most of these Full Cavalier archival photos were taken in the mid-70s (when the Full Cavalier booklets were first issued) some were war or immediate post-war period shots - especially for those Full Cavaliers who were deceased by then.

Regards,

slava1stclass

In case with Chertkov they also did a mistake in the list of awards in the orderbook. We can see that besides his three Glories he had Otvaga medal clearly visible on the photo. But there is no Otvaga in the list of his awards on the other page. Instead they put Military Merit and Red Star, which are absent on the photo...

In case of Vaitsman's orderbook displayed by Alfred, "black dealers" also screwed up. In according with the data at the bottom, the book was filled in 1946. How unnumbered Otvaga could be in a list? Before making fake orderbooks they should pay more attention to the history of awards... Morons...

Edited by MONDVOR

Guest Alanirvine

Andrew, thanks for the contribution.

I will have to go through mine now.

Hopefully, I won't have anything to add to this thread.

What you found of mine is enough for one day.

Alan

Guest Rick Research

:beer: This is important enough to pin as a permanent reference thread so it doesn't get lost.