News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 81
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at this the other day, and was ondering is this order book a fake :unsure:

As usual any help appriciated :jumping:

Order of Victory

There are two moments that could be interesting about this document.

First - for most 2nd class Glories the new orderbook was issued. I've seen several orderbooks where 2nd class was added to previously issued 3rd class orderbook, but those count only about 10 percent from separated orderbook cases.

Second - on the picture it seems that words in the order name are not well aligned. Maybe it is just because of a bad quality of picture, hard to say for sure. If better picture is available I can compare the individual style of each letter with original seals.

There are two moments that could be interesting about this document.

First - for most 2nd class Glories the new orderbook was issued. I've seen several orderbooks where 2nd class was added to previously issued 3rd class orderbook, but those count only about 10 percent from separated orderbook cases.

Second - on the picture it seems that words in the order name are not well aligned. Maybe it is just because of a bad quality of picture, hard to say for sure. If better picture is available I can compare the individual style of each letter with original seals.

Thanks MONDVOR,

I will try and get a better scan but the medal and doc are in disply case at a museum at present :banger:

The point that raised is what got me wondering :unsure:

Order of Victory

• 1 year later...

Mondvor:

Thank you for your comments about the authenticity of the seal over the photographs. Your comment about the snowflake has got me looking at other

areas. Would it also apply to the seal added inside the document on the page where the awards are listed along with the serial number?.

I have beem checking various posts to see what they show. I have also checked my two award docs and one clearly show a snowflake not a five pointed star.

The other award doc seal around this area is rather less defined but seems to be a snowflake also.

Thank you for my continuing education.

Regards

Rick

• 5 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Very strange, if so-- but the Nevsky and OPW1 numbers do fall in the middle of 1945 range. The Lenin seems part of a "lost box" that got handed out much later than normal, in the early 1960s.

Which of the Orders do you actually have? Only RESEARCH is going to confirm that odd group!

Which of the Orders do you actually have? Only RESEARCH is going to confirm that odd group!

Rick, thank you!

When you say "very strange" - what do you find partularly unusual about the group?

The group contains only first two orders, Lenin is missing.