News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 81
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

One thing that is often wrong in the no-individual-dates WW2 type Orders Books is that the "first" award's serial number does not match the DATE that privileges started/the book was issued. (One reason for our researched serial numbers list) A, say, July 1943 numbered award should not have privileges that "started" in ... October 1944 any more than a 1947 number could have.

The thieves will start paying attention to such details NOW, but the frauds of the last 10 years are already ruined, and paying attention to such things catchs them out all the time.

Also, check out the Orders Book typology thread on more recent real books, since we do occasionally see 1970s civil awards being passed off as 1950s and so on. An "I" edition Orders Book with a "G" edition period award is another obvious fraud once you have remembered what to look for over time as the Books kept changing.

Mondvor,

I mean late as in after the GPW to end of the Soviet Union

i.e a fake order book for the Order of Labour Glory 1st Class

Order of Victory

OK, now I see. Sure I do have some images of those. If you interested I can post them later today. I do not have an access to my files at the moment.

We have to keep in mind that fake orderbooks for awards such as Order of Personal Courage, Order of Honour, Order of Friendship of People, 3rd and 2nd classes of "Crabs" are extremely difficult to recognize. At the end of 90th and early 2000 blank orderbooks of late type (with Gorbachevs and Menteshashvili signatures) were for sale in many places. I've seen them a lot in Kiev phaleristic club. So all you have to do - is to buy a blank unissued orderbook and accurately fill it with nice handwriting using black ink.

Sorry, I didn't get your question about cavalier books. What type of cavalier books do you mean - for full cavalier of Glory, Labor Glory or Crab? First two are OK, it's more or less easy to determine a fake orderbook. But for Crab... There were more Order of Victory awarded than 1st class of Crab. Do you really think you have a chance to buy one? All 1st class orders from private collections that I saw were fakes.

• 2 weeks later...

That's exactly what I said before about washed-out books. And this set also comes from Ukraine. Just remember the "name" of the person who will buy it. He might be a fake-maker.

hello gentlemen, the orders booklets have clearly been bleached...I'm not sure but could the hero booklets have been entirely made up? The leather cover is unprecise, the paper looks news...of course all stamps are ugly. I've seen a better made diploma coming from Ukraine.