News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 228
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan ,

Yes this is a Kampfgruppe Bester badge in Gold , i think this is the last issue type , IMO the best ones as they have the design in the flag the others are just plain . Very nice badge :jumping:

Hi Grant,

Very cool! :cool: Wasn't positive it was the gold grade so guess I'm starting on the top run again! :jumping::P And I agree... I like the insignia in the center as it really sets off the design quite nicely. I kinda fell on this one as it's from the same individual I purchased the early cased DDR police medal from along with a set of Soviet sub and ship commander badges. Can't wait till it arrives and I can see them in person. :jumping:

Many thanks for the additional info on this my friend! :beer:

Let me know when you and Vic get together and you get the goodies I shipped over. Can't wait to hear what you think about the disc and the surprise. :D

Thanks,

Dan :cheers:

Hi all,

Yet another new addition... my first DDR medal bar:

So now I need a gold Civil Defense medal to finish off this set. I'm so happy to finally have a DDR medal bar!!!! :jumping::jumping: Nothing fancy but gotta start somewhere. :D

Dan,

That style of badge was worn from 1964 until 1985. When it arives please post a picture of the back and perhaps we can narrow it down a bit further.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Will do! :beer: Your wish is my command! :D See... I should have been a Genie but so far I haven't seen the position in the job listings. I do try though. :lol:

Many thanks! :beer:

Nice medal bar Dan ! :love:

Hi Grant,

Many thanks my friend! :cheers: To be honest I was never really big on the Civil Defense medals but as I'd never had a DDR bar I figured you've got to start somewhere. And the more I look at it the more I love it. :love: Kinda grows on you! :P

But I sure hope over time I can add a few more bars to my collection. I guess it's like cases... you get hooked on them! :P

Hey, if you happen to run into a gold Civil Defense for a good price, to match these and finish off the set... please give me a nudge. :D

Thanks again! :beer:

Dan! Nice medal bar.

Did you try torsten for the last one?

Hi Jeff,

Didn't even think of that. Mucho thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to give him a nudge. And many thanks for the compliment! :beer:

Hi all,

Here's my latest addition. Seems my luck is holding... a second DDR medal bar and with one of my all time favorite medals (the Verdienst medal on the left) on it to boot! :love::jumping::jumping:

Just love this one!!!! :love: Can't wait to see it in person. :D

Hi all,

Well, some packages are finally arriving. Here are some additional views of my latest acquisitions.

First up, the Bester Badge. Was rather disappointed on this one. It appears to be the same badge that was pictured in the auction but how she got red enamel out of it I'll never know because here's what I received:

Compare that with it's picture from the seller below. :speechless1::banger: Thank goodness it was cheap but now I'm back to looking for a better one. :speechless: Although I will say I rather like that "camo" effect on the helmet.

Edited by Hauptman

that NVA bester badge is nasty i would be sending that back Dan ! :violent:

The Kampfgruppe bester badge is nice and the silver medal on the medal bar looks to have some nice patina there . :jumping:

Those pins on the bottom of the Army bester badge are for the numbered hangers that go on it i think

Edited by Grant Broadhurst

that NVA bester badge is nasty i would be sending that back Dan ! :violent:

The Kampfgruppe bester badge is nice and the silver medal on the medal bar looks to have some nice patina there . :jumping:

Those pins on the bottom of the Army bester badge are for the numbered hangers that go on it i think

Hi Grant,

I do basically agree on the Bester... however I only paid $4.95 "but it now" with $2.50 shipping. Unless the seller either just sends me another one or pays for shipping back, etc., it's hardly worth it to send it back to get another one.

And I'm actually thinking it may be the same that perhaps the clear coat came off with the enamel and they either didn't realize it or it just got thrown away or something. So they might not even have another. I've written the seller (kimberh2006 out of Lake in the Hills, IL, United States... feedback of 1580 with only 5 negatives so not bad at all.) in the hopes this can be explained. Will let you know what if anything comes of it.

And many thanks on the explanation of the pins. I should have remembered that but just wasn't thinking clearly. :speechless:

Many thanks on the kampfgruppe badge and the medal bar. :love:

Dan,

I agree with Grant. You did not receive the badge pictured in the auction. There is no doubt about that. The pins at the bottom are for the hanger for indicating additional awards of this item.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Again I'm not absolutely positive that it's not just a case of the clear coat having come off with the enamel. This seller doesn't seem to deal in militaria items that much judging by their listing. And there was a tag attached to the badge when I got it saying basically that it was an East German badge and the original price was $28 :speechless1: and on the reverse it had been lowered to $25 :o which I'd definitely call wishful thinking! I think it's an antique shop and that they really don't have a clue on this sort of thing. But I'll be interested to hear back from them as to what happened here. Perhaps they'll offer a partial refund but I'm not holding my breath. As it is I left them a good feedback and have yet to receive one in return. Says he/she works a day job so to be patient with communications... assuming that means feedback as well.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks! :beer:

• 2 weeks later...