News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Labor Glory

OK, OK, these aren't for killing fascists and, therefore, lack some of the excited interest of the military awards! But I maintain that they, too, are an important part of the everyday, pragmatic, "normal" reality of the CCCP.

A pair to Yury Vol'vin:

Order of Labor Glory, 2nd class - 42440

Order of Labor Glory, 3rd class, var. 2 - 356334

Guest Rick Research

ED: Your Labor Glory guy was Yury Andreevich Vol'vin. My generation of Russian-students was taught to use an apostrophe to indicate the little aspiration squigglies that aren't real letters, to indicate that they are there. "Volvin" in this instance would not indicate the Cyrillic spelling.

But I'm a dinosaur, so I don't know what the current fashion in transliteration is.

Guest Rick Research

A combination:

[attachmentid=36430]

I don't normally collect civil awards, but I have a weakness for the individual lettered "C" "C" "C" "P" Badges of Honor.

Guest Rick Research

Maybe I should post the reverses in the OBH thread, just to be fair! :cheeky:

[attachmentid=36435]

Both to the same female Comrade

[attachmentid=36436]

Guest Rick Research

First Comrade Gornyak got the OBH in 1966 at the beginning of the tidal wave of those awards in 1966-67, and then again, a mass flood Labor Glory 3rd:

[attachmentid=36437]

This is a 1957 edition book first used in 1966 and re-used in 1978.

anyone have a first class one there at all?? or am i hoping for to much!!! :P il post mine when i get pics together!!

In 31 months of active searching in Georgia, with feelers out elsehere, I have never seen or been offered one for sale.

Speaking of which, I'm outa here tomorrow for three weeks in Georgia.

Chuck