News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Lenin

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Just took a spin over at CollectRussia and popped into the Order of Lenin Section :speechless1:

Is this what a Type 6 Variation 1 are selling for now? MY GOD !!!

http://collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=18918

What's one that comes with Award Booklet and Case worth? Appears just the medal offered has jumped by over 300% form what I paid for the other goodies. This is Wahnsinnig ...

Yes, that's what these are selling for. I've been watching the Lenins on eBay and in the last four months at least four Lenins were sold there:

S/N 1118XX - 3,000 USD

S/N 1651XX - 2,800 USD

S/N 1968XX - 3,000 USD

S/N 4277XX - 3,200 USD

Guest Rick Research

I suppose it's the old Scrap Bullion Value again...

they are certainly not RARE, so it's as simple as the price of a lump of gold....

wish that rationalized prices on all the other hundreds-of-thousands-to-millions handed out things that AREN'T gold!

I suppose it's the old Scrap Bullion Value again...

they are certainly not RARE, so it's as simple as the price of a lump of gold....

Sorry Rick, I just don?t get it.

It appears to me that a Lenin weighs about 1.5 oz. and gold is currently about $830 per ounce on the world market. Therefore, as I see it, the bullion value of a Lenin comes out to around $1250. In post #2 you have four Lenins totaling $12,000 with a bullion value of $5,000.

Am I missing something here? I am inclined to see it more as the result of whatever makes Red Banners worth $5,000 without research, etc. I suppose that I fail to appreciate ?oddities and variations? and put too much value on research and provenance because that was the main reason why I once collected Soviet - here?s what it is, who it was awarded to and why.

Wild Card

P.S. I assume that the Lenins cited in post #2 are also without research.

Edited by Wild Card

Market price: Lenin vs. HSL

Gentlemen,

what's an even more interesting aspect at the present market is, is the fact that there is almost no price difference between a much rarer HSL and a Lenin :speechless: . The gold content is about the same, I guess.

O.K., maybe the Lenin is the most famous - and most well known - order of the Soviet Union, but also the HSL (Stalin & Co.) had been well known :unsure: .

Just compare:

There had been around 22.000 HSL issued, but more than 600.000 Lenins :jumping: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Same old... same old!!!

Be astonished when the prices go down not up!

Till then rising prices are the nature of the game - and regrettably no amount of attempted rationalisation will bring the price down

Jim

Market price: Lenin vs. HSL

Gentlemen,

what's an even more interesting aspect at the present market is, is the fact that there is almost no price difference between a much rarer HSL and a Lenin :speechless: . The gold content is about the same, I guess.

O.K., maybe the Lenin is the most famous - and most well known - order of the Soviet Union, but also the HSL (Stalin & Co.) had been well known :unsure: .

Just compare:

There had been around 22.000 HSL issued, but more than 600.000 Lenins :jumping: .

Christian

Christian,

When is the last time that you saw a real HSL available for sale? As far as I know, they go today for significantly more than $3,000.

Marc

Christian,

When is the last time that you saw a real HSL available for sale? As far as I know, they go today for significantly more than $3,000.

Marc

I was gonna say: whoever has a real one for sale for 3K, please PM me! In fact, I'll pay 1K extra if it's with documents :cheeky:

HSL?

HSU

There was another one for 10K (but it included several additional awards)

Go to zeige's website and click through on auction - you can easily scroll through all the lots (with description/pic) and see both starting price and final price

Dear Marc,

you are right ... Igor had one some month ago.

So, what do you expect the market price of an ordinary HSL (without docs) in good condition now in Moscow :unsure: ?

Christian