News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Did anyone see this. Purdy, and expensive. Seems they're on the rise. The rolls are taking effect.

I placed a bid on it and didn?t suceed....2,000 Euro...a bit too much in my opinion.

By the way, the seller divided a group :banger:

A few weeks ago he sold two ribbon-bars and the fitting mini-chain to this beauty.

I asked him for a name, but this group was anonymous and it is impossible to ID it with the award-lists :unsure:

Last week I got this nice picture...the man is wearing the Prussian Kriegshilfsdienst-Kreuz, the war honour medal Lippe-Detmold (NC-ribbon) and a Prussian long service medal.

The seller offered another (earlier) picture of this man, but the price was as much again :(

By the way...it?s my first picture with this medal...quite hard to find.

Best regards

Roman

Roman,

A very nice picture indeed.

Shame on the seller breaking it up. Did you save the pictures of the mini-chain and bars? It would be nice to atleast have them complete in this thread.

So this would be a Hausorder kl.4 zweite abteilung, with 47 awarded?

Guest Rick Research

What a moron. The last group that went with an LDH4bX that I've seen (and believe me, I've been LOOKING) was in 1984! :banger:

It too was split by a moron seller, so at least I got (different dealers hundreds of miles apart) the ribbon bar that went with it:

So I rescued this from obscurity. The pre-war medal bar has never seen the light of day again.

Unfortunately from the trio, while it is possible to eliminate many recipients (dead, other awards etc) it still is THE TRIO for a Detmold officer, so cannot be identified to 1 person.

There goes the ONLY carefully preserved set any of us will ever see.

Jerk. :violent:

Hi RIck

What is that last ribbon on your ribbon bar? It does dam look very close towards the ribbon of a Belgian Crownorder => especially the ribbon of either the palms of teh Belgian croworder or one of the affiliated medals.

Iff this is true then feel free to send me the supsects and i will see if he is among my list from between 1899 (first date a German did get a grade of the Freestae Coongo crownorder and 1914 untill a few days before outbreak of WWI.)

Cordial greetings :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

The same ribbon was used for all German Red Cross awards from 1922-45. Since I saw the medal bar sold, I know this was for the 1939 Volkspflege Decoration (enamelled cross).

• 3 months later...

Although Kassel 2008 was mainly dissappointing, at least this nice little rare rose found its way into my hands :rolleyes:

As already mentioned there were only 147 awards of this military merit medal Lippe-Detmold (1st type without swords on the medal), many of them were returned after the death of the owner.

If have some medals with swords...but I looked quite a long time for this rare type :D

Greetings

Roman

Edited by Solomon

• 3 months later...

Hello gents (and friends of nice enameled roses),

to reactivate this theme, I would like to introduce to you my latest purchase.

Of course, it looks quite unspectacular, but the "Kriegervereinskreuz Lippe-Detmold" is quite a rare bird.

Unfortunately this bar is unnamed. The bar looks like an official (teacher...) or a doctor (indeed, I found one Dr.med. in the list).

Best regards

Roman

Guest Rick Research

VERY :jumping: nice bar. Since half of them can be excluded as having OTHER Lippe awards, that only leaves the other half for you to search through the receipts for. I have every confidence that in doing so you will be able to find him.

Congratulations on finding a treasure!

I'm still looking for a ribbon but, this goes back a little further.

:speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1: Aaaaah, and I?m searching exactely this nice 1866-medal from Lippe-Detmold.

Although quite many medals were spent, I nevr saw one one mounted a medalbar and I have no idea why???

Okay, to make you also a bit jealous, I will show you a picture, I got a few weeks ago.

Please look carefully at the first medal on the medalbar :D

@Rick

I already erased the impossible names and combinations from the list, but there still too many (okay, I?m quite sure, that he wasn?t a "Landwirt").

Additionally there is the problem, that this guy may got his red-cross-medal after the Lippe-cross and in this case

the receipt shows none other award, which makes this medalbar IDable :banger:

But I will keep it in mind.

Best regards

Roman