Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Tim B

Japanese Victory Medals

Hi, these medals are quite common, cheap. Have a look on ebay.

Regards

Jan

Just got the lot for 180USD including all the charges. I think it is OK price. Encourage me! :)

Increasd my Japanese collection from zero to something. :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Don't know why the photos are horizontal.  :speechless:

image.jpeg

Edited by Egorka

Considering your post regarding this being an expensive hobby I think you did alright at $180. I would suggest that you attempt to always purchase your Japanese medals etc. with their original boxes, as you have done here.  I made the mistake of purchasing some without their boxes and then later on either purchased the box or in most cases purchased the medal and box together and then placing the origial in my "surplus box", where it will probably stay until my heirs sell off the collection.

Regards

Brian

On 16/09/2016 at 02:03, Egorka said:

Just got the lot for 180USD including all the charges. I think it is OK price. Encourage me! :)

Increasd my Japanese collection from zero to something. :)

image.jpeg

Hello Egorka,

A nice pick up of a few Japanese pieces.  I would echo what Brian has already said and attempt to obtain Japanese pieces with their original boxes.  As vic collectors we are fortunate that Japanese medals come with such attractive boxes which also makes it easier to keep the items in good condition.  You will find it a challenge to obtain Japanese groups as a complete set as they are often split up for short-term profits.

The most difficult aspect is to obtain a Japanese medal, with the box and the corresponding award certificate.

Good luck on the start of your journey.  I am sure there will be many vic collectors on this forum that will be able to provide assistance and help should you so need it.

Regards,
Rob

Hello Oliver,

That looks like a French-made repro, as shown in Laslo. He gives diameter of 37mm, and says that there 'might' be MADE IN FRANCE on the edge, so its absence isn't a problem.

Bill