News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi again. Here is a ribbon bar that I have forgotten for some time, just took it out from the deepest of my drawer, it got bad looking on the back that I don't really like in my first thought, anyway here it is toghether with some minis.

9617197350_4f94ccd0d6_o.jpg

• 4 years later...

Could this be Harry Gondi's ribbon bar?

Found this photo showing Gondi wearing a long ribbon bar, also a TWM and a Silesian Eagle 1st class.

harry G.jpg

Edited by lew

Hi lew,

I do not think that it is Gondi´s ribbon bar, he is born on 16.07.1900

and there are at least two ribbons which are not possible:

blue ribbon = Dienstauszeichnung and

yellow ribbon = Centenarmedaille or Baden silberne Verdienstmedaille

Kind regards

Andreas

Group looks to represent Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs 1914/1918 [Hindenburg Cross], Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe [Prussian Merit Cross for War Aid], Schlesischer Adler [Silesian Eagle], Turkish Iron Halfmoon/Crescent aka Gallipoli Star, Bulgarian Civil Merit Order, Dienstauszeichnung [Prussian Long Service Cross or Medal], Kaiser-Wilhelm-Erinnerungsmedaille Zentenarmedaille [Prussian Centenary Medal] or Baden Silberne Verdienstmedaille {Thank you Andreas!}, Royal Victorian Order or Medal, Greek Order of the Redeemer and [most likely] Russian St Anne Order or Red Cross Medal.  Several awards take a red with narrow yellow edge stripe ribbon including Brunswick's Henry the Lion Order but this ribbon bar arrangement makes that one unlikely.  The miniatures on the bow would confirm Hindenburg Cross, Merit Cross, Silesian Eagle, Iron Halfmoon, and the Bulgarian suspension crown plus ribbon color yield a Bulgarian Civil Merit Order or Cross.

This ensemble suggests military and civilian service.