News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My complete set of Soviet Campaign Medals

Guest Darrell

Nice ones Paul. It's a great feeling when you complete these three sets isnt it :beer: Even as painful as it is having to spit out the $$$ for the Odessa and Belgrades.

Nice ones Paul. It's a great feeling when you complete these three sets isnt it :beer: Even as painful as it is having to spit out the $$$ for the Odessa and Belgrades.

Thank you guys for your kind remarks. :beer:

I very much enjoy the Stalingrad medal too. I love my medals worn and issued. I am not a "mint" kinda guy.

Please feel free to add any comments or comparisons to this thread... that is the main reason I made it. :-)

I am just glad I bought all of these 14 years ago. There is no way I could afford some of those today! I even have an extra Belgrade... somewhere... I must find! I was shocked to see that Belgrades shot up to the 300+ range on the dealer sites. Scary.

The Leningrad ribbon is correct. This ribbon had the dark green center stripe, where the Odessa had the Blue center stripe. With a little fading, the ribbons are difficult to distinquish sometimes.

I think that if you can find an Odessa anywhere, buy it. The prices are starting to mimic the TR German stuff... I dont even know of one for sale. What are they fetching these days?

Thanks Ed.

I debated doing this thread because of all of the simular ones already around. I was afraid of being of re-inventing the wheel. Thank you for the encouragement.

Regards

Paul

Thanks Ed.

I debated doing this thread because of all of the simular ones already around. I was afraid of being of re-inventing the wheel. Thank you for the encouragement.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

To my way of thinking it's good for people to post such things... even if posted before. With all the types, variations, etc. out there, not to mention the fact that the more "good" stuff one see's the better you can spot the good from the bad. Same goes with fakes... the more you see and handle the better you get at all this.

And besides... a large part of collecting is in wanting to share what you have with others and to see their collections as well.

I for one thoroughly enjoy each and every post on here... well, except perhaps for the occassional weight loss ad... :rolleyes::cheeky::lol:

Keep up the great work! :cheers:

Dan

Guest Darrell

I think that if you can find an Odessa anywhere, buy it. The prices are starting to mimic the TR German stuff... I dont even know of one for sale. What are they fetching these days?

Alexei has several for sale on his site .. or he DID ....

MEDAL FOR DEFENSE OF ODESSA Instituted on December 22, 1942 and awarded to defenders of the city. Made of brass. Several XF to choose from. PRICE 320.00

DOC FOR THE ABOVE Just the document, medal is not included. XF condition. PRICE 120.00

MEDAL FOR DEFENSE OF ODESSA Post-war issue with ring part of the medallion, very minor wear, light patina. PRICE 265.00

Like you said .. not cheap .. but they won't be coming down in price :unsure:

Very nice set, :beer: just a shame no docs :cheeky:

I pushed my parents to buy the more expensive Soviet Campaign Medals as birhday presents and then my Lenin as a christmas present :o well it beats socks :rolleyes:

Order of Victory

Good idea -- as I've gotten older I've struggled for gift ideas. :beer:

I pushed my parents to buy the more expensive Soviet Campaign Medals as birhday presents and then my Lenin as a christmas present :o well it beats socks :rolleyes:

Before my wife and I were married, she bought me a gift of an HSU group that I found. It was nice - Gold Star, Lenin and Red Star, two small documents, photos, etc. Unfortunately after a brief trip to PMD, it turned out to be fake. Darn! That was the last time my wife ever bought any medals for me... :speechless:

Dave

That is right.... I have no documents for these medals. At the time, all I wanted was one of each medal. That is the reason my bought the groupings I had! :banger: I could have paid 5-10 extra for the documents... but I was not all that bright or experienced back then.

I would love to start finding them though. Even for the Jub. medals. Where is the best place to look for these?

Paul