News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Latest thing to drop through my Letter Box..........

Think it'd be worth asking, if "Big M" can't help out.

Who is "big M"? Is that Moiseev, Merezhko or McDaniel? As far as I know there were no citations for the awards prior to WWII. All you can find is award card and Ukaz published in the newspaper.

Who is "big M"? Is that Moiseev, Merezhko or McDaniel? As far as I know there were no citations for the awards prior to WWII. All you can find is award card and Ukaz published in the newspaper.

That is YOU, mate!! I have no reason to expect anything could be found, but sometimes it is worth asking, even if you anticipate the answer.

:beer:

That is YOU, mate!! I have no reason to expect anything could be found, but sometimes it is worth asking, even if you anticipate the answer.

:beer:

Me? What a surprise :D

Well, I have about 80% of all Ukazes from 1934 to 1938 with the names and sometimes with a description of the merits (especially for labor awards). I'll check for his name tonight.

Guest Rick Research

I believe there are THREE rank rectangles on his collar tabs in the February 1941 Orders Book photo--

which made him, at that point, a Lieutenant Colonel. If not killed early in the war, he might well have made General. I wonder about lack of other awards in the Orders Book (these early ones are usually a mess all stamped and written in without proper lines) so perhaps he did not live to see 1942.

There might even be the FOUR bars of a full Colonel, but I cannot tell from the small scan.

Yes, the more I look at the 1941 photo, he's got 4 bars on each tab.

Hello Gentlemen,

By some strange reason I didn't have an access to the forum from my home computer. Every time when I hit a link, the blank web page poped up. The browser says "Done" like a page was found OK, but nothing is on the screen. Probably something went wrong with my settings. But other forums and web pages I can see normally.

Anyway, I found the guy. This is Ukaz (to be more precise not the Ukaz, but Postanovlenie) about Military Aviation pilots, crewmembers and technicians. His rank indicated as Major. There were more than 200 Red Stars issued with this Postanovlenie (his number in the list is 67 if I do not mistaken) along with many Red Banners and Badges of Honor. I can do the translation of the description of merits in this Postanovlenie, but it is common to all recipients.

I wish I can restore my access to the forum from my home computer :(

Well, until 1938 there was a Central Executive Commetee of USSR and all awards were bestowed in according with Postanovlenie (Decree) of this organization. Since 1938 Cental Executive Commetee was replaced with the Presidium of Supreme Soviet of the USSR and since that time awards were bestowed in according with Ukaz of PSS.

I'll try to put the translation, but it is just a basic description. No personal details in it.

Hello Gentlemen,

By some strange reason I didn't have an access to the forum from my home computer. Every time when I hit a link, the blank web page poped up. The browser says "Done" like a page was found OK, but nothing is on the screen. Probably something went wrong with my settings. But other forums and web pages I can see normally.

I had a similar problem not long ago and it was very frustrating. What I did -- finally, and only after being told by someone else -- was to click on "Tools" in my top browser bar, then >Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files. Worked for me. Let us know if it works for you.

Good luck.

Chuck

I tried wat was suggested by Chuck, but it didn't help :(

That's OK - sooner or later I'll figure it out.

Here is a translation of the Postanovlenie. I do not have actual newspaper, because all JPEG images of all Postanovlenies and Ukazes would use lots of space on a harddisc. So everything was converted in Microsoft Word format, verified and stored that way. And it's way easier to update it (for example add known awards numbers to this information).

About The Rewarding Of The Pilots Of The Red Army Military Air Forces.

Central Executive Committee of the USSR decided:

For outstanding personal results in the acquirement of the modern military aircraft technics and skillful leadership in military and political training of Red Army Air Forces, reward:

Order of Lenin:

1. Abramichev S.I. - Major.

2. Aistov S.M. - Sr. Lieutenant.

118. Shevchenko V.V. - Sr. Lieutenant.

119. Yakovenko A.S. - Military Technician 1st class.

Order of Red Star:

1. Abramov P.M. - Military Engeneer 3rd class.

2. Avtonomov A.A. - Captain.

57. Gulyachenko I.I. - Major.

261. Yagushevsky V.V. - Brigade Comissar.

262. Yarovoy K.V. - Sr. Lieutenant.

Order "Badge of Honor":

1. Akulshin I.K. - Sr. Lieutenant.

2. Ananiev I.N. - Military Engeneer 2rd class.

178. Yaroshenko Y.S. - Sr. Lieutenant.

179. Yachmenev S.S. - Captain.

Moscow, Kremlin. May 25th, 1936.

Published in # 121 Rroceedings of Central Executive Committee on May 26th, 1936

Chairman of Central Executive Committee of the USSR M. Kalinin.

Executive Secretary of Central Executive Committee of the USSR I. Unshliht.

• 1 year later...

OOV,

That grouping is something really special!! You should get that Red Star Researched. What was the award date for it, again?

Hi Paul,

Glad you like it :cheers:

I was realy lucky picking up these docs :jumping:

Unfortunatly awards this early can not be recardched :banger: But I do I have the Postanovlenie that posted in the thread which states what it was awarded for :jumping:

Its dated 1936 :D

Order of Victory