News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finnish 1939 - 40 badge for War disabled

• 6 years later...

Hi Chris,

well there is no differance in the finnish terms. A wounded is a disabled as well in their way to look at it in a post war perspective.

Each wound is veiwed and calculated in percentages

• 2 months later...

The finns didn´t take part in the WW 1 but had a Civil War in 1918, when they succesfully drove out the russians and became the independant nation we all now now.

I don´t have the 1918 type but i do have some pics of one made in gold.

whoa, real gold? are there award numbers? can you trace a badge recipient by the number?

Yes, it´s made of gold. Most likely a privately purchased one.

As far as i know the finns don´t have any excisting number lists although theoreticly it´s possible to trace an award but it would be a wast job going thrugh the solders one by one

• 1 month later...

Yes, it´s made of gold. Most likely a privately purchased one.

As far as i know the finns don´t have any excisting number lists although theoreticly it´s possible to trace an award but it would be a wast job going thrugh the solders one by one

The golden one is badge of the merit of the Liberation war invalids association. It is very small compared to the actual Liberation war wound badge (Picture attached).

Jani

The golden one is badge of the merit of the Liberation war invalids association. It is very small compared to the actual Liberation war wound badge (Picture attached).

Jani

Wow , Thanks Jani , first one I have ever seen

Now on my wanted list ..... together with a MB E-63 AMG , and Yacht and some other small things :whistle:

Christer