News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Post your (R) Reiterabzeichen and (R) Fahrerabzeichen

• 2 months later...
    • Replies 164
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some great examples you have there!! I have just sold my Rider's badge in Gold! It was the lightweight zinc version.

Very impressive collection there!

Thanks Paul

Regards, Hardy

• 10 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Very nice Hardy. However I do think the Reiter in post #4 leaves room for some consideration.

cheers

Peter

Hi Peter, I have been wondering about that one myself (material, pin looks post war and poor maker markings on the rear) but on the other hand the details of the obverse are excellent and I have never seen another example like it.

Regards, Hardy

Hi Hardy,

Those were my also my concerns, as well as the awkward catch, which I don't believe St.&L would use. Either way, your other bronze Reiter is an excellent piece :beer:

cheers

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...
    • 5 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

The Reiterabzeichen document booklet of Hauptmann der Schutzpolizei Egon Dal?ge.

Dal?ge was born on August 4, 1913 in Rathenow. He joined the SS on December 3, 1933 (SS #314177);

promoted to Leutnant d.Schupo 1935; Oberleutnant Sept. 11, 1939; Hauptmann Jan. 30, 1942.

Hauptmann Egon Dal?ge was the commander of 11./III.Batl. SS-Polizeiregiment 15

He was awarded the Bandenkampfazeichen in Bronze on Sept. 1, 1944

Dalge6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

I understood that to be considered original TR period the right elbow had to be seen...which is NOT the case in Pic no.4, althogh the S&L miniature does not have this either!

Here is my Gold in wear on an SS-Standartenfuhrer tunic.