News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Mosin-Nagant

In my house it is established a doll of the Soviet soldier. It has Mosin-Nagant rifle. I wish to tell history of purchase of this subject. Here such it without the soldier .

Sorry for my bad English

And it is history of its occurrence in my house. At leisure I like to come to places where there was a war .This day I have gone to a wood near to the city of Rzhev .Rzhev old Russian city in 250 kilometers from Moscow .It is known that in 1942-1943 to year here passed heavy bloody fights .It is known that in these fights the Soviet Army has lost more 1 000 000 the person .In these woods in October, 1942 my grandfather was lost also. Today it is possible to see-where there passed a front line

To meet a place where soldiers are temporarily buried found in current of a search season. It is accepted to spend a burial place on memorials on May, 9th. Those whom find in current of year lay in such tombs .

Sergey,

It is always GREAT to visit a place where history took place!!! That Mosin-Nagant is a GREAT find :jumping: Thanks for sharing the hidden history!!

:beer: Doc

Thanks, Two years ago I was ill with this business. When you come on a place about which read the book or looked cinema you understand much on another.

Most lovingly restored if the display gun is the same as the "pipe"

Well done!!!

Is it common to find such 'memorials' on russian battlefields?

Jim :cheers:

Yes is frequent enough if to present scales of battles to Russia and quantity of the lost people. Now speak about 30 million. But is more often meets such. It is known that many years in some areas of Russia people did not go to a wood - there was a huge quantity of the whole mines and shells

there was a huge quantity of the whole mines and shells

And I bet there still are! Done scuba diving on a rock used for target practice by british artillery and airforce! The stuff you see down there........!!!

Jim

Sergey, I admire what you did with that rifle.

Я даю поздравления на вашем смысле сентиментализма...

Thanks for your words .It one more acknowledgement of military history. People die subjects keep the last epoch for children.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sergey,

A terrific presentation and an extremely fitting memorial you've made to all those who served and those who perished during the Great Patriotic War. Well done! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Thanks. I shall show some more photo. I have made a photo yesterday near to Rzhev. Now I have one more exhibit.